Перейти на сайт

« Сайт Telenovelas Com Amor

Правила форума »

LP №05-06 (618-619)

Скачать

"Telenovelas Com Amor" - форум сайта по новостям, теленовеллам, музыке и сериалам латиноамериканской культуры

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

"Соседи"(Австралия) - резюме серий на английском языке

Сообщений 241 страница 260 из 335

Episode title: 0241
Australian airdate: 28/04/86
UK airdate: 07/10/87
UK Gold: 04/10/93
Writer: Peter Connah
Director: Paul Moloney
Guests: Eileen: Myra De Groot
Andrea: Regina Gaigalas
Bradley: Bradley Kilpatrick
Jack: Alan Hopgood
Gavin McKinley: Bruce Kilpatrick
Music:
Summary/Images by: Graham
Recap
Eileen telling Des that she has proof that he isn't Bradley's father.
No. 28
Des snaps at his mother that he's had just about enough of this; whatever she thinks, Bradley is his son. Eileen is going through her handbag, but she exclaims that that's funny – she had a copy of Bradley's birth certificate right there, and... She turns to Andrea and snaps:
EILEEN: You took it.
Andrea retorts that she didn't even know Eileen *had* a birth certificate; and why would she touch Eileen's handbag? Des tells his mother to apologise to Andrea and Bradley and get out of there. Eileen, however, retorts:
EILEEN: Apologise? What for? I have done nothing wrong. This woman has tricked you. She has lied to you about her son's age so that you will consider him an indiscretion and give him a home.
She goes to call the taxi company to see if they've found the certificate. Des, however, stops her. Andrea asks Des in an upset tone why Eileen is saying all these things. Des tells her that his mum can't resist sticking her nose in his business. He orders Eileen out. Eileen tells him curtly that if she can get *one* copy of a birth certificate, she can get *another*. Des snaps at her to mind her own business. Eileen marches out, angrily. Des and Andrea comfort an upset Bradley.
No. 26
Helen is lying on the couch, reading, when there's a rapid knocking on the front door. She opens it to Eileen, who heads inside and asks to use the telephone. She adds that it's a fine thing when a son won't even let his own mother use the ‘phone. Helen asks what's happened. Eileen says that if she can just find the missing birth certificate, it will prove to everyone that Bradley is not, and cannot be, Desmond's child. Unknown to Eileen, Lucy is sitting at the kitchen table, listening to every word...
Ramsay Street
A car pulls up in the street, driven by a dark- haired guy wearing sunglasses. He stares at No. 28...
No. 28
Andrea emerges from Bradley's room and Des asks how the boy is. Andrea replies that he'll be OK. Des then says bluntly:
DES: Andrea, *is* he my son?
ANDREA: Des, I know that she's your mother, but how can you possibly believe the things that she's saying?
DES: She said she had his birth certificate.
ANDREA: Look, I told you: the birth certificate is marked ‘Father Unknown'. I didn't put your name down because I wanted to protect you.
At that moment, Bradley emerges from his room and asks if he can go and see Lucy. Andrea tells him not to be too long. Des says to Andrea that if there was anything he should know, she *would* tell him...? Andrea insists that she's told him everything; there's nothing else.
Ramsay Street
The man in the car watches as Bradley emerges from No. 28. He murmurs to himself:
MAN: Found you.
No. 26
Bradley knocks on the front door of No. 26 and Lucy answers. She steps outside, telling Bradley that Mrs. Clarke's in there. Bradley asks her to hide something for him, and he hands her an envelope. She takes it and tells Bradley that she doesn't want them to send him away. Bradley replies that he doesn't want to *go*. They hug and Bradley walks off.
Ramsay Street
The man in the car watches as Bradley walks back from No. 28 – but the postman is also now in the street and the man curses in annoyance.
No. 28
Andrea is looking through a photo album when Bradley arrives home and finds her crying. He asks her in concern what's wrong and she smiles through her tears that she's just a little upset. Bradley tells her that he'll always look after her. Andrea smiles that he'd better – he's a good son... sometimes. She then says:
ANDREA: You took that letter from Mrs. Clarke, didn't you?
BRADLEY: She said it was proof that Des isn't my dad. I didn't know it was my birth certificate until afterwards.
Andrea tells him that it was wrong to steal, and she makes him promise never to do anything like that again. She hugs him, going on that Eileen isn't going to let them rest until she sees them leave Ramsay Street altogether – but if this thing with Des falls through, there might still be a way they can stay...
Office of the Daniels Corporation/No. 28
The ‘phone rings in the office and Zoe answers it. Andrea comes on and asks Zoe if she could mind Bradley if she's late home this evening. Zoe nods that that's fine. Andrea then asks to speak to Paul. Zoe hands over the ‘phone and Andrea says to Paul that she wondered if they could have a drink after he finishes work. Paul says:
PAUL: Sure. How about Lassiter's? I know there's a nice place there called The Waterhole. We could have a drink after 5 if you like.
Andrea thanks him and they hang up. Paul smiles that it seems like his luck's changing. Zoe remarks to him that she hopes Des approves, otherwise he could end up in another brawl! Paul, however, tells her that Des has already assured him that Andrea is a free agent. With that, Zoe heads off home, leaving Paul looking thoughtful.
Coffee Shop
Shane is sitting at the counter as Daphne serves some customers. Zoe comes in and asks Daphne for a word. Daphne stares at her and then suggests that they go into the kitchen. *In* the kitchen, Zoe starts to say that she knows Daphne probably doesn't want to speak to her—. Daphne, however, interrupts and tells her that Jim has explained everything to her – so why don't they forget it? Zoe asks in relief if they can be friends again. Daphne smiles that she guesses so! Zoe hugs her, beaming that she's fantastic! She then asks if that means she can be bridesmaid again. Daphne, however, says:
DAPHNE: Sorry. It's not that I don't want you, but the wedding's off.
ZOE (shocked): Oh no...
DAPHNE: Just for the time being, until we get the problems with this place sorted out.
Out in the main shop, Jack Lassiter comes in and asks Shane if his young lady's around. Shane calls to Daphne, who emerges from the kitchen. Shane introduces her to Jack, who tells her that Shane can't stop talking about her! He then says he understands they're kicking her out. Daphne nods coolly that it'll happen as soon as the lease runs out. Jack then invites her and Shane for a drink tonight and he heads out. Daphne asks Shane what *that's* all about. Shane just shrugs:
SHANE: Search *me*!
Ramsay Street
The man in the car watches as Andrea retrieves the mail from No. 28's mailbox and then walks off down the road.

Episode title: 0242
Australian airdate: 29/04/86
UK airdate: 08/10/87
UK Gold: 05/10/93
Writer: Ysabelle Dean
Charlene: Kylie Minogue
Mrs Mangel: Vivean Gray
Music:
No. 28
Bradley runs into the house and into his room. Des comments to Andrea in concern that he looks like he's seen a ghost. Andrea knocks on Bradley's door and asks him what's wrong. Des calls out to the boy that he and his mother are worried about him; just open the door – everything's going to be fine. Bradley opens the door hesitantly but doesn't say anything. He walks over to the couch and Des and Andrea join him. Des tells him gently that they just want to know what's going on. Bradley says:
BRADLEY: I have to go away.
Des and Andrea, however, both tell him they don't. Andrea asks if it's one of the neighbours. Bradley screams that he didn't *do* anything. Des tells him that this is his home for as long as he wants to stay. Bradley puts his head against Des's chest and Des gives him a hug.
No. 26
It's evening- time and everyone is having dinner. Nikki tells Zoe that she loves her outfit. Zoe smiles that she fell in love with it – she reckons you should *always* buy clothes on impulse! She goes to pick up the serviette to her right, but Lucy tells her pointedly that that's Scott's – she should take the one on the left. Everyone looks at her sharply. Charlene comes in and introduces herself to Zoe as Lennie. Helen explains to Zoe that Lennie is Madge's daughter – they have a space problem at No. 24 – and she explains to Charlene that Zoe is Jim's friend. Lucy says:
LUCY: She's *not* his friend, she's his girlfriend.
There's an awkward silence. Charlene chips in that her dad's the same: *he's* got a young girlfriend – Susan. Nikki mutters that she thinks that's irrelevant. Jim takes a sip of soup and tells Helen that it's really delicious. The awkwardness continues.
No. 22
Clive is sorting out tickets for the pancake competition and he asks Daphne how she is. She sighs that she'd let herself dream and had imagined a chain of coffee shops. Clive muses that you can't fight City Hall. Daphne retorts that she *can* fight City Hall – but she can't fight Paul Robinson. Behind them, Mike is talking on the ‘phone and Clive tells Daphne that she took Mike to social security today: all he needs is a letter from his father, confirming his lack of financial support, and he gets government benefits to stay at school. At that moment, though, Mike slams down the ‘phone and Clive asks what's up. Mike snaps:
MIKE: He's not going to sign, is he?
He explains that his dad's got the knife in because he left home, and he reckons he's not going to change his mind. Daphne tells him that he can't just leave it there. Mike, however, asks what *else* he can do. He storms off.
Ramsay Street
The next morning, Lucy is delivering papers on her bike, with Basil in tow. Bradley suddenly calls out to her from behind a tree. She rides over to him and he asks:
BRADLEY: Have you seen a man?
LUCY: A man?
BRADLEY: A man in a car.
LUCY: A stranger?
BRADLEY: There's a man after me.
LUCY: Have you told your mum?
BRADLEY: Have you seen anyone?
LUCY: No, but Bradley, you should tell your mum. Dad and gran said the first thing you do with strangers is tell your parents.
BRADLEY: He's not that kind of man.
LUCY: What do you mean he's not that kind of man?
BRADLEY: He's different. If I tell mum, she'll make us run away, and I want to stay with Des.
At that moment, a car drives up the street and the man – Gavin McKinley – climbs out and walks towards Bradley, telling him that he just wants to talk; nothing's going to happen. Bradley runs off into No. 28. Lucy stares at McKinley, coldly.
No. 28
A short time later, Bradley is sitting staring at the table. Andrea asks what's wrong with him this morning and he retorts that he doesn't want to go to school; he feels sick. Andrea checks his forehead and comments that he doesn't seem to have a temperature. Bradley then says suddenly:
BRADLEY: Last night I had this nightmare – about Gavin.
ANDREA: Oh. What did you dream?
BRADLEY: I dreamt he came to take me away.
ANDREA: What else?
BRADLEY: What would happen if he knew we were here?
ANDREA: Sweetheart, that can't happen. Don't worry about it. Look, now that we've left Perth, no one can find us.
BRADLEY: But if he did, could you get into trouble?
ANDREA: Of course I wouldn't! But you still mustn't tell anyone.
Des emerges from his room and Zoe emerges from hers shortly afterwards. Des asks what everyone wants for breakfast, but Bradley says he's sick. Andrea tells Des that it doesn't seem to be anything too serious – Bradley was playing outside this morning and seemed OK. Des tells the boy that he doesn't seem too bad to him – and he'll drop him off on the way to work. Bradley reluctantly goes to get his things. Des then asks Zoe how dinner was with the Robinsons. Zoe mutters that it was great.
No. 24
Shane, Max and Danny are having breakfast as Madge works in the kitchen, baking pies. Daphne comes in with Clive and he and Shane head off to work. Daphne comments to Madge that today's the day of the big draw. Max mutters that Madge hit the floor at 5am; no one's had a wink of sleep since – and it's not as if she needs the money. Madge retorts that she *does* need the money: she has to pay for Charlene's support. She clears Max from the table and she and Daphne put trays of pies down. Madge asks how everything is with Mike, and Daphne tells her that his father still refuses to sign the letter. Madge mutters darkly
MADGE: It's just like Fred, shoving Charlene off onto me because his girlfriend's pregnant. Uncaring and irresponsible the lot of them. They're all the same.
Ramsay Street
Charlene, Nikki, Scott and Lucy emerge from No. 26 and Nikki tells the others to go on ahead. Charlene asks her what *she's* going to do and Nikki says she'll just hang around a bit. Charlene asks her if she's waiting for Mike. Lucy is standing in the street, staring at No. 28. Nikki asks her who she's looking for. Scott smiles that he bets it's Bradley – he saw him in a car earlier. Lucy asks sharply:
LUCY: What car?
Scott tells him that it was Des's – he was driving Bradley to school. At that moment, Mike emerges from No. 22 and the others join him, walking down the street. Nikki asks him if his father signed, but Mike replies that he wouldn't. Scott asks him what he's going to do. Mike sighs that the Coffee Shop's closing down, so he's going to have to leave school. As they walk down the street, Scott walks along the small wall at the end No. 22's garden – but he loses his balance and grabs hold of Mike as he falls off, ripping Mike's shirt in the process. Mike mutters that that's great – he's hardly got enough shirts as it *is*. Charlene tells Mike that she gets great second- hand threads all the time for just about nothing. Nikki muses:
NIKKI: Yeah, well, we've all seen *your* great threads!
Charlene ignores this and tells Mike that she'll take him to the store after school.
Office of the Daniels Corporation
Zoe is working in the office when Andrea comes in and asks if Paul's there. Zoe says he's out with a client. Andrea asks if he left anything for her – she's expecting a cheque for a small job she's doing for him. At that moment, Paul comes in and Andrea tells him that she was wondering about the cheque. Paul reaches into his desk drawer, takes out a cheque and hands it over. Andrea thanks him and leaves. When she's gone, Zoe asks Paul what all *that* was about. Paul, however, tells her:
PAUL: Zoe, your record shows that you can't be trusted with confidential matters. Now, don't you think it's better this way?
Zoe comments that it's obviously some sort of deal – and the only thing Andrea's good at is turning on the charm when she wants her own way. Paul asks her coolly if she hasn't got some work she should be doing. Zoe, however, replies brightly that she's off to the Coffee Shop!
Coffee Shop
The Coffee Shop is heaving. Daphne serves some customers at a table while Madge serves Helen and Jim with pies at the counter, adding that they're freshly baked this morning. Eileen comes in. Shane joins Mike and Clive in the corner of the shop, where they're setting up a tombola. At that moment, a woman in her 60s comes into the shop and Daphne comments to Shane in horror:
DAPHNE: Oh no.
SHANE: What?
DAPHNE: Mrs. Mangel's just walked in. She does nothing but complain: too much milk in the coffee... sugar in the bowl...
Shane offers to throw her out, but Daphne quickly stops him! Danny comes in and Clive walks over to him and asks him to draw the tickets, as he works in a bank and is totally beyond reproach. Danny points out that he's got nine tickets of his own, but Clive tells him that that's easy: if his number comes up, they'll have an extra draw with three winners instead of two. Mrs. Mangel, however, joins them and chips in coolly that that's not fair: they're bending the rules. Danny sighs that if his ticket comes up, he'll disqualify himself!
Across the shop, Andrea asks Eileen if they can talk about Perth – they need to clarify some things. Eileen, however, retorts that there's nothing to discuss. At that moment, Mrs. Mangel comes over and Eileen smiles that it's nice to see her.
In one of the booths, Nikki comments to Charlene and Scott that there's a good crowd there for Daphne. Meanwhile, Max is talking to Jack Lassiter, commenting that if all these people have got tickets, a man hasn't got a show in Hades! Jack smiles that Daphne's done a mighty job.
Standing by the back wall, Clive announces to everyone suddenly that the show will now commence. He introduces Mr. Daniel Ramsay as supervisor for the draw! He goes on that two finalists will be drawn. Danny reaches into the tombola and picks out tickets 56 and 104. The winners are Madge and Max! There's a round of applause. Clive smiles:
CLIVE: In accordance with the rules, these two lucky individuals will, on a date to be fixed, engage in mortal combat, cooking pancakes to decide the final winner.
Mrs. Mangel chips in and says:
MRS. MANGEL: Could I ask a question? Would the two winners be related, by any chance, to the person who drew the tickets?
CLIVE: I'm afraid, madam, the judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Mrs. Mangel storms off. Daphne watches her go. Clive says to her:
CLIVE: You reckon we got a problem?
DAPHNE (warily): Uh- huh. I reckon we've got a problem.

Episode title: 0243
Australian airdate: 30/04/86
UK airdate: 09/10/87
UK Gold: 06/10/93
Charlene: Kylie Minogue
Music:
Ramsay Street
Gavin McKinley says to Des tersely:
MCKINLEY: Listen, mate, I don't know what she's told you, but it's a pack of lies. He's *my* son and I'm taking him back.
DES (retorts): Strange. Bradley doesn't seem to be too keen to see you.
MCKINLEY: That's because I gave him a bit of a fright, turning up out of the blue like that. Come on, Brads, say hello to your old dad.
He holds out his hand – but Bradley bites his arm! Des snaps at McKinley to leave Bradley alone. He lunges at McKinley, but Jim pulls the two men apart. McKinley insists that he didn't come to start a fight – all he wants is his kid back. Eileen chips in that it's true: he *is* Bradley's real father. McKinley tells Des that Bradley was living with him until Andrea shot through with him. Des says:
DES: All right. I'll listen to what you're gonna say. Just come into my place.
ANDREA (warily): Des...
DES (sharply): He says he's Bradley's father. I've got a right to know why he thinks that.
The gathering breaks up. Clive asks Daphne if he should hang around outside, just in case. Daphne, however, tells him to let Des handle it himself.
Outside No. 28, Eileen goes to follow Des, Eileen, Bradley and McKinley into the house. Andrea, however, snaps at her:
ANDREA: Don't you dare step a foot in this house. You've done *enough* damage.
EILEEN (coldly): Oh no, you've fooled Desmond long enough. This time he is going to hear the truth.
Des, however, growls:
DES: Keep out of this, mum. This is between Gavin, Andrea and me. Now, mind your own business.
Eileen stands there, looking put- out – but then goes to walk into the house anyway.
No. 24
The Ramsays head into No. 24, Charlene asking how anyone can be sure whose son Bradley is. Danny suggests blood tests. Max, however, retorts that that won't prove a thing; *he* reckons that Des ought to hand the kid back, no arguments! Madge says she's sure Des can sort it out for himself – he *is* a Bank Manager after all.
No. 28
Des is pacing the floor, saying to McKinley:
DES: All right, let me get this straight: Andrea gave you reason to believe that you're Bradley's father; that's why you took custody of him.
Eileen tells her son that there's no doubt about it. Des challenges his mother, saying she's seen the birth certificate; was McKinley's name on it? Eileen admits meekly that it wasn't. McKinley snaps that Andrea told him that *he* was the father. Des looks at Andrea and asks:
DES: Did you?
ANDREA: Well, I—
EILEEN (interrupts): It's about time you started telling the truth, young lady.
ANDREA (snaps): Look, why don't you just butt out?
EILEEN (coldly): I am not about to have my son made a fool of by a shameless trickster like yourself. Desmond, give the boy to Mr. McKinley – he must be anxious to return to Perth.
Des, however, snaps at his mother that one more word and she's out. Eileen growls at him that Andrea has *lied* to him. Des turns to McKinley and asks him why he didn't take Bradley on when he was born. McKinley replies that he admits that he didn't want to know about him at first – but then his conscience got the better of him; that's why he looked up Andrea, and she couldn't wait to get him off her hands – for a price, of course: $15,000. Andrea cries:
ANDREA: You *offered* that. And I really believed that Bradley *would* be better off with you. That was the biggest mistake I ever made.
She turns to Des and tells him that all McKinley wants is the money: his father has threatened to cut him out of his will if he doesn't produce an heir, and old McKinley is worth millions. McKinley insists:
MCKINLEY: I just wanted to make sure the kid had a proper upbringing – and that's more than *she* could ever do.
ANDREA (snaps): At least I *loved* him. *You* never have. His own father—
She breaks off and puts her hand to her head as she realises what she's said. Eileen tells Des gleefully that Andrea's *admitted* it. Des, however, looking furious, orders her to leave, and he pushes her out of the house, angrily. When she's gone, McKinley suggests that now that they've finally cleared up this misunderstanding, he thinks they should be on their way. Des, however, tells him that he hasn't said a thing that changes his mind; Bradley *stays*. McKinley snaps that he'll take this to court. Des points out that his name isn't on the birth certificate; he won't have a leg to stand on. McKinley looks at Andrea. He then turns back to Des and warns him that he hasn't heard the last of this. He storms out. Des sits down on the couch with Andrea and Bradley, who tells him that he was great. He adds:
BRADLEY: I guess that means you're stuck with mum and me.
DES (smiles): Yeah, I guess it does, eh?
Ramsay Street
As McKinley walks at speed back to his car, Eileen runs alongside him and tells him that he mustn't give up so easily. McKinley retorts that her dear son gave him no choice. Eileen insists that he must make Desmond see the light. McKinley reaches his car and then suggests that the two of them have a chat – it seems like they're on the same wavelength; but first he's going to book a room at Lassiter's.
No. 24
Max is sitting at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper, and Madge, trying to set out the dinner things, tells him sarcastically not to worry himself: she'll work around him! Daphne comes in through the back door, with Clive and Zoe, and she asks Max and Madge for a word. She goes on that they've got a bit of a problem with the pancake contest. Madge comments that she thought everyone in the street was *thrilled* about it. Clive says:
CLIVE: Except Mrs. Mangel.
MADGE: Who?
ZOE: The woman who thought the draw was rigged today at the Coffee Shop. Mangel by name, mangle by nature...
Madge comments that she doesn't really see that there's a problem: Max is going to withdraw from the competition. Max looks up from his newspaper and demands:
MAX: Who says I am?
Madge tells him that he's not going to challenge her to a public pancake cooking competition; he's not *that* big a fool. Max, however, asks her if the competition's too hot for her. Madge retorts that he couldn't cook a pancake to save his life. Max growls:
MAX: Is that right? Don't you worry, Daph, I'll be there. Don't let anyone tell you different.
Shane chips in that Daphne's reputation could be ruined if anyone listens to Mrs. Mangel. Max retorts:
MAX: She's been trying to stir up trouble round here for years. She's all mouth.
Madge tells him that the whole neighbourhood is going to be looking at his pathetic attempts to cook. A look of fury crosses Max's face and he rants:
MAX: I can cook all right. A man was OK when Maria left.
MADGE (gloats): Oh, you were happy enough to have *me* take over, though, weren't you!
MAX: Yeah – that's before I knew the only thing you could cook was casseroles!
MADGE: Oh, well you won't be wanting any dinner tonight, will you, ‘cos that's what we're having.
Zoe quickly suggests a drink at the Waterhole. She, Daphne, Shane and Clive head out, leaving Max to look in the fridge for something to eat!
No. 28
Bradley has gone to bed. Andrea tells Des that she'll put some dinner on, but Des says he thinks they should talk first. Andrea looks at him and says softly:
ANDREA: You've known all along, haven't you, that Bradley's not your son.
DES: I didn't realise for a while, but what with mum coming back from Perth, making all those noises, and Gavin showing up... I guess where there's smoke, there's fire.
ANDREA: I'm sorry. I had no right to deceive you.
DES: Why don't you tell me the whole story?
Andrea goes and sits next to Des on the couch and says:
ANDREA: Believe me, I've done my best since Bradley was born – but a single mother's pension isn't much, and my parents had disowned me, and it's just impossible to hold down a job when you've got a baby to look after.
She pauses before continuing:
ANDREA: About a year ago, things got really bad. I didn't have a job, I didn't have any money and my landlady was threatening to evict me.
DES (prompts): Then Gavin turned up.
ANDREA: Yeah. He was straight with me, I'll give him *that* much. He didn't want *me*, he just wanted Bradley so his father wouldn't cut him out of the will. I really didn't want to give Bradley up, but Gavin swore that he'd have the best of everything, and with all his father's money I knew that was true.
DES: But he said you signed an agreement.
ANDREA: Yes. I had to promise never to go nearly Bradley again, or see him or interfere in his life in any way – and for that I got $15,000. He was so upset. I knew then that I couldn't stick to it – so I promised him that I'd make some money and come back and get him.
DES: What went wrong?
ANDREA: Oh... stupid. This man asked me to invest in his business. He ran a chain of boutiques across Perth. So I did. I handed him over my money and I never saw it again – *or* him. Then my parents took me back in – because I didn't have Bradley any longer; and I heard on the grapevine that you were doing really well for yourself. Got me thinking. I remembered that we used to get on really well – ‘til your mother put a spanner in the works. So, I borrowed some money, I grabbed Bradley out of boarding school and... you know the rest.
DES (sadly): You must've felt pretty sure that you could convince me that I was the father.
ANDREA: I knew you wouldn't throw us out, even if you had doubts. You've always been too soft for your own good!
DES: Are you sure that... that Gavin doesn't *love* Bradley?
ANDREA: What do *you* think? You met him. He doesn't care about Bradley; he just wants the money.
DES: Yeah. Right. Well, he's not going to get him back. Bradley's going to stay around with people who care about him. McKinley can go and jump.
Andrea puts her arms around Des and hugs him in relief.
Waterhole
Gavin McKinley is sitting at a table with Eileen, asking what *else* he could do: Andrea was living in a dump and he couldn't let his son grow up in conditions like that. Eileen assures him that anyone with a shred of decency would have done the same thing. McKinley shows Eileen the agreement that Andrea signed, but goes on that one day he got a call from Bradley's boarding school to say he was missing; it didn't take him long to work out what had happened. He adds:
MCKINLEY: I expected a ‘phone call any day, demanding more money, but I didn't expect that he'd find another fool to latch onto so soon. I mean, no offence to your son, Mrs. Clarke.
EILEEN: Oh no, no, no. I have always had to protect Desmond from his own gullibility.
McKinley comments that the question is how they get around it. Eileen asks him if he's contacted a lawyer. McKinley replies that he hasn't yet; to launch a full custody battle would take too long, and his father's becoming impatient. Eileen remarks:
EILEEN: But I thought you said Bradley meant *more* to you than your father's money?
MCKINLEY: Well, he does – but you see... my father's a dying man. He could pass away any minute.
EILEEN (sympathetically): The poor man. I had no idea.
MCKINLEY: I'd even be prepared to forego the $15,000 as long I could be sure that Bradley would return to Perth with me – just to see the look of sheer joy on my father's face.
EILEEN: Does Bradley *know* about his grandfather?
MCKINLEY: No, no, I think he's had enough trauma as it is.
EILEEN: But what can *I* do to help, Mr. McKinley?
MCKINLEY: *Talk* to Bradley. See, *I* can't get near him. Gain his confidence. Explain to him that Andrea will be in serious trouble if I have to take her to court.
Eileen nods that she'll try. McKinley adds that, of course, if she was able to convince Bradley that it's best to return to Perth, Andrea would be sure to follow; she wouldn't be able to take advantage of Des any further. A smile appearing on her face, Eileen smiles that she'll do anything she can. The door to the Waterhole suddenly opens and Daphne, Zoe, Shane and Clive come in. Eileen whispers to McKinley that they're some of her son's neighbours and it's best if the two of them aren't seen together; she'll be in touch. She heads out and McKinley follows a few moments later. At the bar, Daphne comments that that was the guy who tried to kidnap Bradley. Shane remarks that he was probably just crying on Eileen's shoulder.

Episode title: 0244
Australian airdate: 01/05/86
UK airdate: 12/10/87
UK Gold: 07/10/93
Writer: John Linton
Guests: Andrea: Regina Gaigalas
Mrs Mangel: Vivean Gray
Barbara: Rona McLeod
Music:
No. 24
The next morning, Danny sits down to breakfast wearing a new shirt, and Madge smiles that he looks the young executive! Max asks what they stung him for it and Danny replies that it was $97. Max splutters that you could buy a couple of pairs of overalls for that! Shane chips in that clothes aren't cheap. Max tells Danny not to chuck his money around. Madge, however, points out that appearances are very important. At that moment, Helen comes in through the back door. She comments to Max that she thought he would have been at work by now. Max, however, tells her that he thought he'd have his first pancake lesson this morning. Madge glares at Helen and exclaims that she's not teaching Max how to make pancakes, is she? Helen asks if that's a problem. Madge replies that Mrs. Mangel is already telling everyone that the draw was rigged; surely teaching Max would constitute cheating? Helen shrugs that she doesn't care what Mrs. Mangel thinks. Madge mutters that if that's the way she feels... Helen nods that she does – and she tells Max to come over when he's ready.
No. 22
Nikki has turned up at No. 22 and Clive tells her to take a seat and tell him and Daphne what's new. Nikki sits down and asks if there's been any news about Mike getting money from social security. Clive tells her that there hasn't. Daphne snaps that it makes her so mad: it would take Mike's father two minutes to write and explain Mike's situation, and then he'd be entitled to the benefits. At that moment, Mike comes downstairs and asks Nikki how she likes his shirt, explaining that he got it at the place Lennie took him to: it only cost 50ў and Daph sowed the buttons on, and the pocket. Nikki, however, doesn't look impressed. Daphne declares suddenly:
DAPHNE: I've got it! [Looking at Clive] Why don't *you* write the letter and pretend you're Mike's father?
Clive asks what happens if Social Security call Mr. Young for details. Daphne, looking annoyed, sighs that there must be *something* they could do. Mike thanks them, but says he might just get his bag. While he does this, Nikki looks in one of his textbooks, in which he's written his address. Mike comes back and asks her if she's ready. They head out.
No. 26
Helen is talking on the ‘phone, telling the person at the other end that their chauffeur will be waiting outside. Shane comes in through the back door at that moment and Helen hands him details of the job. He puts a large bag down on the kitchen table and tells Helen that his dad won't be long – he's got a plumbing job a couple of streets up. Helen looks at what Shane has brought over: a frying pan... icing sugar... brown sugar... and exclaims that they're making pancakes; she's beginning to wonder what she's taking on with his father! Shane laughs:
SHANE: You don't really think you'll be able to *teach* dad, do you?
HELEN: I like a challenge!
SHANE: Yeah, well, I remember his cooking from when we shared that bedsit. Talk about ‘experimental'!
HELEN: He was very lucky when you moved in.
SHANE: Yeah. I didn't think he'd ever walk out on mum like that. Still, you never know what's around the corner, do you?
HELEN: No. You just remember that when you're driving the Merc!
Outside the Young house
Barbara Young emerges from the house and walks down to the street – where Nikki is standing waiting for her. She introduces herself and tells Mrs. Young that she'd like to talk to her about the way she's treating Mike. Mrs. Young walks off down the road. Nikki walks alongside her, asking her what's wrong with giving Mike the letter he needs; he could finish his studies and become a teacher. Mrs. Young just retorts that it doesn't concern Nikki; they've made their decision. Nikki persists:
NIKKI: Don't you realise what you're doing? You're destroying his whole future. Jobs are hard enough to come by *with* qualifications. My mother's worked as a barmaid for years, just so she can afford to keep me at school. She cares enough to want me to make something of myself. All Mike asks is that his father writes the letter. Is that too much to ask?
No. 26
Helen opens the front door to Madge, who explains that she thought she should use the front door in case Helen and her student were cooking. Helen tells her that Max ‘phoned: he's taking a little longer over his job. Madge explains that she just came over for her frying pan – Shane said it was there. Helen laughs and asks what possessed Max to send over all that stuff. Madge replies:
MADGE: Ignorance. As a cook, he's a very good plumber!
She then smiles that Helen really has taken on the impossible task, trying to teach Max to beat *her* at cooking. Helen just muses that they'll see. Madge says she think she'd better warn Helen that she's won competitions in cooking at home. With that, they hear a car horn sound outside and Helen comments that that must be Max now. Madge tells her to make sure he washes his hands: he's usually very greasy after doing these jobs!
Office of the Daniels Corporation
Paul walks into the office and apologises to Zoe for being late – he had to go and see a client. Zoe, however, smiles at him that the birds are singing, the sun's shining and all's right with the world again! Paul asks coolly why she says *that*. Zoe explains that Mr. Lassiter has offered Daphne the lease of the Coffee Shop in his complex – it means she'll go quietly. Paul growls that he wanted Jack to sell up, but it doesn't sound like he is if he's taking on new tenants. He goes on that the projected profit on that deal runs into *millions* over the next five years; Andrea's going to have to start working fast. Zoe muses:
ZOE: I doubt if a nice salt- of- the- earth type of guy like Mr. Lassiter could be taken in by someone like Andrea and her cheap tricks.
PAUL (pointedly): He *is* a man, isn't he?
ZOE: So that automatically makes him a fool?
Paul snaps at her to take care of *her* work and he'll take care of business *his* way. He storms out.
No. 26
There's a knock on the back door of No. 26 and Mrs. Mangel calls out for Helen. She steps inside and Helen asks her in surprise what she wants. Mrs. Mangel explains that she just saw Mr. Ramsay leaving – he said it was all right to come on up. She then remarks that there's a strange smell; did something burn? Helen just says coolly:
HELEN: Mrs. Mangel, you haven't told me what you want.
MRS. MANGEL: Oh, er, sorry. Mrs. Daniels, it's really none of my business, and we both know how things can get misconstrued when people gossip—
HELEN: I don't *listen* to gossip.
MRS. MANGEL: Ah, but other people do. Some people are saying that you're, er, teaching a certain party to cook.
HELEN: Max Ramsay. Yes. Yes, I am.
Mrs. Mangel asks her if she thinks it's fair that she's teaching a contestant. Helen replies that she looks upon it as training an athlete: when the big day comes, he's out there on his own to win. Mrs. Mangel goes on that people are saying that it's also causing a rift between her and Mr. Ramsay's sister. With a sudden glint in her eye, Helen says earnestly:
HELEN: A rift? Oh, that's an understatement.
MRS. MANGEL (intrigued): Really?
HELEN: Why – don't you know? Oh, no, I can't tell you. But please don't let people think it's just a rift. It's terrible when a grown woman nearly resorts to violence.
MRS. MANGEL (astonished): But I understood you were such good friends.
HELEN: What has friendship got to do with it when you have to get out there and fight? Um, you won't tell anybody about this, will you, Mrs. Mangel, but Mrs. Mitchell and I are at daggers- drawn over this competition.
MRS. MANGEL (smiles): No, no, of course not!
With that, she makes a hasty exit, leaving Helen with a broad grin on her face!
No. 28
Paul marches into No. 28 and snaps at Andrea that he thought he paid her to do a little job for her. He goes on that Lassiter isn't giving the slightest indication of selling; in fact, it's quite the opposite. He continues that he's paying her good money to make sure Lassiter sells up and goes bush. Andrea tells him that she needs more time – when she's worked out this thing between Bradley and his father, she can start on Lassiter. Paul, however, retorts angrily that that could take forever; he wants results *now*. Andrea insists that Jack is not going to make up his mind in five minutes – and she can't do anything today: she hasn't got a sitter for Bradley. Paul shrugs:
PAUL: OK – I'll just cancel the payment on your cheque and I'll find somebody a little more reliable.
He goes to head out, saying curtly that if she doesn't want to do the job, that's fine by him. Andrea, however, stops him, sighing heavily, and says she'll do it.

Episode title: 0245
Australian airdate: 02/05/86
UK airdate: 13/10/87
UK Gold: 08/10/93
Writer: Dave Worthington
Guests:
Music:
Summary/Images by: Sayaka
Robinsons
Jim tells Helen that he's going away for work for the weekend. Helen asks if he's going on his own(!)
Ramsays
Max has made pancakes, but everyone has decided to go out because they don't want to face eating one(!)
MAX: Ungrateful little mongrels!
Max turns on Madge and says it's all her fault for making a nice breakfast for the boys. He accuses Madge of undermining him with his own kids. Madge stands her ground and tells him not to be rude.
MAX: I'm not rude, I speak me mind.
MADGE: You can't, you haven't got one!
Madge tells Max that he has no talent for cooking, but he vows to win the competition! He bites into one of his pancakes and then quietly spits it out when Madge isn't looking(!)
Robinsons
Eileen comes to see Helen. She moans about Mrs Armitage and says she is spreading rumours about Madge and Max.
EILEEN: Not surprising how nasty, malicious rumours start, is it!
HELEN:(dryly) No, it isn't.
Eileen goes on to gossip about Bradley and Andrea, much to Helen's despair. Eileen rants on that Andrea is a bad influence on Des, and Helen points out that Des is old enough to look after himself. Eileen then starts on Jim running around with a woman young enough to be his daughter.
HELEN:(blankly) Would you like a cup of tea? I'll put the kettle on.
Des's
Eileen comes in with a present for Bradley and Andrea is not at all pleased to see her. Eileen says she doesn't condone what Andrea has done, but she understands it. Andrea says she has to go out and Eileen offers to babysit Bradley. Andrea reluctantly agrees.
The Office
Jim has come to bring Zoe a sandwich, and she invites him to go to a movie. Jim says he can't - he has to go to the country for work. Zoe is disappointed that she isn't invited and accuses Jim of bending to the demands of his family.
JIM: It's got nothing to do with my family, it's a business trip, honestly - I can't expect you to sit around while I'm pulling machinery apart!
ZOE: Are you kidding? I love tinkering around with machines(!)
JIM: Nice try!
Zoe begs to come along and Jim agrees.
Des's
Bradley comes in and isn't pleased that Andrea has left him with Eileen. Eileen gives him his present and he opens it sulkily. They chat about Des and Bradley says that he likes Des. Eileen tells Bradley that Des is always bringing home stays like Bradley and Andrea(!) and starts listing the animals that Des saved as a child.
Eileen says it's sad that Andrea has to beg Des for help, but she only does it because she loves Bradley.
The Pub
Andrea comes in and sees Jack at the bar. He offers her a drink and Andrea starts chatting to him about his mining history. Then suddenly he accuses Andrea of being put up to this by Paul.
The Office
Zoe comes in with a load of shopping. She tells Paul that she's put the dresses on her credit card. Paul offers her some overtime on Saturday, but Zoe says she is going away, so she can't.
Just then, Helen comes in. She thanks Paul for the business contacts - they're quite promising. Also, she invites Paul to dinner tonight. Paul says it's a bit inconvenient, but Helen says he'll have to face Jim sometime. Paul suggests tomorrow night, but of course, Jim will be away then. Zoe awkwardly goes to put the coffee on.
Ramsays
Max is practising cooking pancakes while Madge watches him. He tosses them badly and the pancakes end up on the floor, much to Madge's delight. The phone rings and Max turns down a plumbing job saying he's too busy at the moment(!)
Max and Madge bicker over petty family histories while in the background, Max's pancake pan almost catches fire(!)
Des's
Eileen is trying to persuade Bradley that his real father, Gavin, loves him very much. Bradley isn't having any of this though and says that Gavin doesn't care about him. Eileen tells him that Andrea could be in trouble for taking Bradley away from Gavin - she might even be arrested. Bradley sighs and says he'll talk to Gavin.
EILEEN: Good boy!
Lassiter's
Eileen has brought Bradley to meet Gavin.
Andrea and Jack are chatting outside the Coffee Shop and Andrea explains that she helped Paul because she needed the money. Jack says Paul needs to be taught a lesson - and he's just the man to do it.
Hotel Room
Eileen and Bradley have arrived to see Gavin. Bradley looks scared stiff. When Eileen is out of the room, Gavin tells Bradley that everyone is missing him at home - all his friends, the dog and the horse too. He invites Bradley to go back home, but Bradley doesn't want to. Gavin shows Bradley the legal papers that state that he has custody of Bradley - Andrea could be arrested if he doesn't come back home.
GAVIN: I think it's best that you come back and live with me in Perth, don't you?
BRADLEY: (nods silently)
Eileen comes back from the bathroom and is pleased to hear that Bradley is going back to Perth. Bradley runs into the bathroom and locks the door.
The Office
Paul is teasing Zoe about her trip to the country. Jack Lassiter comes in and asks Paul if he's still interested in buying Lassiter's - he's thinking of going back to the Bush. Paul says he'll get the purchase papers drawn up immediately. He is chuffed to bits.
Paul gives Zoe a cheque for Andrea. Zoe isn't impressed at Paul's lack of conscience.
Hotel Room
Gavin is packing his things already. Eileen knocks on the bathroom door and Bradley eventually emerges looking upset.
Des's
Andrea comes in and asks Zoe where Bradley is. She's surprised to find that Eileen and Bradley aren't there.
Lassiter's
Gavin is putting his luggage and Bradley into his car. Eileen tries to get into the passenger side, but Gavin drives off, taking Bradley with him. Eileen is horrified.

Episode title: 0246
Australian airdate: 05/05/86
UK airdate: 14/10/87
UK Gold: 11/10/93
Writer: Christine McCourt
Director: Andrew Friedman
Music:
Waterhole
Clive is playing darts as Shane comments slightly sarcastically that he thought Clive couldn't lift anything with that hand! Eileen dashes in suddenly, crying that something terrible has happened. Clive sits her down and tells her to take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Eileen does so. Clive then asks her to tell them exactly what happened. Eileen cries:
EILEEN: Bradley has been kidnapped by Gavin McKinley. He's taken him away to... I don't know where to.
Shane comments that he must be going to the airport – he wants to take Bradley back to Perth. With that, he helps Eileen to her feet and to the door. Jack tells Clive that he'll tell Andrea what's happened.
No. 28/Pacific Bank
Andrea is at No. 28, talking on the ‘phone to Des. She tells him in an upset tone that Bradley is missing; she just *knows* Eileen has taken him to Gavin. Des insists that Bradley has probably conned his mum into buying him an ice cream. Andrea, however, insists that she knows Gavin is involved. Des promises to get home as soon as he can. The two of them hang up.
At No. 28, Zoe emerges from her room and asks Andrea what she thinks of her new shoes. Andrea, not really paying attention, just murmurs that they're lovely. She then tells Zoe that Bradley's missing. Zoe asks if Des knows. Andrea nods that he's on his way.
A street
Clive is driving Bertha at a fair speed as Eileen tells him from the back seat to go faster. Clive, however, replies that he can't – Bertha forgot how to do a ton years ago. Eileen exclaims that if they don't find Bradley, Desmond will never forgive her. From the passenger seat, Shane asks Eileen in irritation if she wants them to have an accident. Clive assures Eileen that they'll catch up with McKinley.
No. 28
Zoe and Andrea are sitting at the table when Des arrives home. He asks if Bradley hasn't turned up. Andrea tells him that he hasn't and she asks what they can do. Des insists that he still thinks Bradley's with his mum, but Andrea cries that she would've left a note; Eileen *knows* how worried she is. There's suddenly a knock on the front door and Des goes and opens it to Jack, who asks if Andrea's home, adding that it's about Bradley. Andrea joins them and asks in concern what's happened to him. Jack tells her that they think he's headed for the airport, so Shane and Clive have gone after him with Des's mother. Andrea asks how that happened. Jack replies that he doesn't know, but Mrs. Clarke came into the Waterhole and said McKinley had snatched him; she'd taken him to *meet* McKinley for some reason. Andrea exclaims that she *knew* she should never have left her with Bradley. She and Des head out.
A street
In Bertha, Eileen cries that they'll never find him. Shane suggests that they should call the police, but Clive says he thinks they should go a bit longer. At that moment, Eileen spots McKinley's car ahead of them, and Clive puts his foot down. He overtakes McKinley and swerves in front of him, causing McKinley to stop. Clive climbs out of Bertha and says coolly:
CLIVE: Going somewhere, Mr. McKinley?
Ramsay Street
Zoe is collecting post from No. 28's mailbox at the same time as Jim is collecting the post for No. 26. He wanders over and Zoe comments that it can't be time to go yet, as she hasn't finished packing. Jim remarks that she doesn't sound too enthusiastic. Zoe explains that there's been a lot of fuss over Bradley, and she tells him what's happened. Jim says that, if it's all right with her, he'd like to put their departure off until after dinner: Helen has invited Paul across for a barbecue and he thought he should stay and mend some bridges. Zoe smiles:
ZOE: Just as long as I've got you for the whole weekend to myself – *and* the machinery!
JIM: You've got it. The motel rooms are booked; nothing can keep us away.
ZOE (surprised): Motel *rooms*? *Two*? Why?
JIM: Well, I didn't like to presume, and I thought we should take things slowly until we're absolutely sure what we're doing.
ZOE: I *am* sure – but if it makes you happy, that's the way we'll do it. For now!
A street
Gavin McKinley rants at Clive that he almost caused an accident; he could've killed his boy. Clive, however, tells McKinley that he should be talking this over with Des and Andrea, not them. McKinley snaps that he's not talking this over with *anybody*. Clive leans down to Bradley and tells him gently to come home with them. Bradley, however, cries that he can't – his mum will get into trouble; Mrs. Clarke said so. Clive tells him that his mum's *not* going to go to jail – they were making that up so that he'd go with Gavin. McKinley snaps that if they don't get out of his way, he's calling the police. Clive just shrugs that, while he's about it, he can ask them what the penalty is for abduction. McKinley retorts that Bradley came with him of his own free will.
At that moment, Des and Andrea pull up in Des's car and Andrea runs and gives her son a loving hug. McKinley tells her to leave the boy alone – he's Bradley's father. Des says he thinks they should let *Bradley* decide that. Andrea looks at Bradley and says gently:
ANDREA: Bradley? Do you want to stay with your father?
BRADLEY (nods): Yeah.
ANDREA: Then I think you should go to him.
Bradley looks at Des and then at McKinley – and he then walks over to Des, who places an arm round him.
Ramsay Street
Helen pulls up in her car, outside No. 26, and asks Lucy, who's in the passenger seat, if there's anything she wants to ask her. Lucy replies pointedly:
LUCY: Gran, I'm not a child anymore. I know that you don't find babies under cabbages!
They climb out of the car and head towards the house. Jim is outside and he asks how the lecture was. Helen smiles that it was very graphic! Lucy mutters that she's going inside to do her homework. When she's gone, Jim asks Helen if Lucy is still angry with him about Zoe. Helen, however, replies that it's a little more complicated than that: Lucy has just been introduced to the facts of life, and she may view matters and relationships a little differently from now on. Jim remarks that she's not going to be too thrilled about Zoe going with him this weekend, then.
No. 28
Des walks into the house with Bradley, telling him that it's all over now – McKinley won't bother him again. Andrea and Eileen are walking behind them, but Andrea warns Eileen coldly that she's not to think she's coming in. Eileen asks if she can't help. Andrea retorts that she is not going near Bradley again: *she* doesn't want her there and neither does Des. With that, she closes the door in Eileen's face.
Andrea heads inside and Des asks if his mother isn't with her. Andrea replies that she decided not to come in. She turns to Bradley and gives him a hug. She smiles that she loves him – she's so glad he's back; and he doesn't have to worry about her going to jail – Gavin just said that so that Bradley would go with him. Bradley then says:
BRADLEY: You know when you told me to go to my father?
ANDREA: Hmm.
BRADLEY: I went to him because...
ANDREA: Well, because you *think* of him that way.
DES: And I'm glad you *do*.
BRADLEY: But you *aren't* my father – at least, not properly. I thought if you and mum could get married then you'd *really* be my father and we could live with you forever.
Andrea starts to say that it's more complicated than that. Des takes over and tells Bradley:
DES: Your mum and I like each other, but we don't *love* each other. It wouldn't be *right* if we got married.
He goes on that if Bradley wants to look at him as his father, that's fine – ‘cos he looks at Bradley as his son – and no one is going to kick them out.
No. 26
Eileen is sitting at the kitchen table with Helen, sobbing that she's practically a *kidnapper*. Helen gives her some tissues and tells her that nobody thinks of her like that. Eileen retorts that Andrea does and Desmond does; but she was only trying to help – how was *she* to know that that man was going to trick her? Helen suggests that she go over to Des and apologise. Eileen, however, replies that he's under that woman's thumb; he's so gullible. Helen retorts that he's a grown man. Eileen cries that Andrea will poison his mind against her. At that moment, Paul arrives and Helen apologises because they're running a bit late. She adds that his father's outside fixing the barbecue; why doesn't he go and say hello? Paul nods that he will in a minute. He then asks:
PAUL: Zoe coming tonight?
HELEN: No.
PAUL: Has dad told you that Zoe's going away with him for the weekend?
HELEN: Yes, yes, he's told me.
EILEEN: Do you think that's wise, them going away together?
HELEN: And why not?
EILEEN: Well, you know how people love to gossip about... well... after all, that'll only add fuel to the fire, won't it.
HELEN (tersely): The only people talking it are the people who have nothing better to do, Eileen.
EILEEN: Oh, I agree, I agree. Zoe's such a pretty young thing, isn't she?
No. 26
A short time later, Helen is guiding Eileen to the front door, telling her that the sooner she gets it over and done with, the happier she'll be. Eileen asks what she'll do if Des won't see her. Helen, however, insists that he will – and she suggests that Eileen come back afterwards and join them for the barbecue; she can tell her all about it.
Eileen heads out and Helen rejoins Paul in the kitchen, where she asks him angrily how he could talk about his father going away with Zoe in front of Eileen. Paul shrugs that he didn't know it was a secret. Helen retorts that he knew what he was doing. Paul sighs that he didn't come there to make trouble. Helen appeals to him to try and remember that he promised to mind his own business. At that moment, Lucy runs in and jumps into Paul's arms, beaming that she didn't know he was there! She asks what he's minding his business about and he tells her that it's just to do with capital investment strategy. He then adds:
PAUL: What's much *more* interesting is I hear you're the official expert on sex in this family!
No. 28
Des is standing at the front door with Eileen, who pleads with him through her tears to please let her in. Des demands to know why he should. Eileen cries:
EILEEN: Because you're my son... and I love you... and you wouldn't want to send me back to my unit when I'm on my knees, begging your forgiveness.
Des lets her in just to explain. He asks Andrea and Bradley to leave them alone for a while. They get up and head to the bedroom area. Eileen asks Des to please let her make it up to him. Des, however, tells her that he's not sure he wants anything more to do with her. Eileen asks if good intentions don't count; she only wanted him to be happy. Des tells her sternly:
DES: The point is, mum, you can't go on making decisions for me. I know you don't care about Bradley—
EILEEN: Desmond...
DES: But you've got no right to assume *I* don't. You're just lucky he wasn't hurt.
EILEEN (sniffs): You're right. I interfered and I shouldn't have. And I promise... I promise I'll never do it again.
DES (murmurs): Yeah, I've heard *that* before.
EILEEN: But this time I mean it – really I do. Oh look, I know I've been overprotective—
DES (pointedly): Interfering.
EILEEN: Well, maybe. But it's only because I had to bring you up all by myself, with no help from your father. I'll change. I swear I will.
Des gives in and tells her that he'll give her another chance. Eileen sobs that he's made the right choice. Des warns her that if she makes one more move to get rid of Andrea or Bradley, she's out. Eileen insists that she won't say another word. At that moment, Zoe emerges from her room and Eileen asks her through her tears if she's all packed. Zoe shrugs that she is, more or less. Eileen comments that she heard she's going away for a weekend in the country with Jim Robinson. Zoe asks her who told *her*. Eileen smiles that things get around. She adds:
EILEEN: I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.
ZOE: Thank you.
EILEEN: Though one wonders what you'll have to talk about for a whole weekend.
Des rolls his eyes in mock despair!

Episode title: 0247
Australian airdate: 06/05/86
UK airdate: 15/10/87
UK Gold: 12/10/93
Writer: Philip Ryall
Guests: Charlene: Kylie Minogue
Eileen: Myra De Groot
Music:
Back yard of No. 26
Helen tells Lucy gently not to upset herself – it isn't what she thinks; her dad has to go into the country on business; Zoe's only going with him—. Lucy interrupts and mutters:
LUCY: I *know* why Zoe's going with him.
Eileen chips in coolly that Lucy needs lessons in respect – but Jim tells her to keep out of it. At that moment, Charlene, Nikki and Scott come out of the house and Charlene smiles that they can dish up now. She then notices the atmosphere and asks what the matter is. Helen, however, insists that nothing's the matter, and she suggests that the teens go back inside and put their books away. Jim takes Lucy aside and asks her how she'd like to come away for the weekend with him and Zoe. Lucy gives him a hug and dashes inside to pack a bag. When she's gone, Paul remarks to his father that Zoe isn't going to be thrilled about this. Jim, however, snaps:
JIM: How do I get it through your thick head that we're going up there on business?
PAUL (grins): I believe you! Haven't got much choice now anyway, have you!
He walks off, leaving Jim to rant at Helen that just once he'd like to have a family that didn't look for any ulterior motive in everything he and Zoe do. Helen says she thinks that lecture Lucy had at school must have had something to do with it.
No. 28
Bradley is working out with Des what to have on the pizza Des is going to order. The ‘phone starts ringing and Zoe answers it. Jim comes on and Zoe listens – and her face drops as she discovers Lucy is coming on their trip. She then recovers and tells Jim that Lucy can sleep in *her* room. She hangs up and Andrea remarks that it sounds like she's in for a great weekend! Des adds that Jim always puts his kids first; Zoe can't blame him for that. Zoe explains that Lucy had her sex education lecture today. Andrea suddenly recalls that Des has to take Bradley to *his* lecture, and Des tells Bradley that they'd better go. Bradley mutters that he knows all that stuff anyway! The two of them head out, leaving Andrea to comment to Zoe that it mightn't be *that* bad. Zoe just says she might go over and see Daph for a minute.
No. 24
Shane has just arrived home and Madge serves his dinner, telling him curtly as she does so that it was ready half an hour ago. Danny then comes in through the back door, holding a case of beer for Max, and he apologises for being late. He asks where his dad is, but Madge rants that she has no idea – but she'll give him a piece of her mind when he gets home. She adds tersely that if Max *must* drink beer, he should get it himself; she doesn't like the example he's setting for the boys. Shane sighs at her and tells her lay off – a couple of beers doesn't hurt anybody. Madge serves Danny with his dinner and Danny remarks that it's not like his dad to miss a meal. Shane remarks that he's probably next door, practicing his cooking! Danny laughs:
DANNY: What – pancakes?!
At that moment, the ‘phone rings and Madge answers it. She listens and then says:
MADGE: Max? Where on earth are you? ... The *airport*? ... Max Ramsay, I think you'd better tell me what's going on.
She listens further before exclaiming:
MADGE: *Brisbane*?!
No. 26
Lucy walks into the kitchen with a packed bag. Eileen comments to her that she must be very excited about her trip. Helen, however, asks Eileen pointedly to take the cake she's holding out to the people outside. Left alone with Lucy, Helen asks her not to try and rock the boat. She adds that she knows Lucy might not feel like being nice to Zoe, but try and make an effort; she'll enjoy herself a whole lot more. Lucy murmurs that that depends. Helen asks her to promise that she'll try. Lucy, however, refuses to. She tells Helen that Zoe doesn't make her *feel* like being nice.
No. 22
Daphne is making some tea as Zoe sits at the kitchen table and sighs:
ZOE: It *was* going to be a *wonderful* weekend. I'd imagined us strolling down moonlit country lanes, holding hands. I got up this wonderful picture of how it was going to be, and how at the right moment, well... It's not going to happen, is it? Not now.
DAPHNE: Even if Lucy *wasn't* going, you know how Jim feels. I don't think he's ready to take the relationship that far. Not yet.
ZOE (glumly): Maybe not – but it was going to be beautiful. Be miles away from here, from his family, from Lucy... but she's going to make it hell every chance she gets.
Daphne tells her that Lucy's only a child – and whatever happens this weekend, Zoe's going to have to take it in her stride. She goes on that Jim doesn't want to see either her or Lucy hurt, but if they get into some sort of stand- off, he's going to be forced to take sides, and Zoe knows whose side he'd take...
No. 26
Eileen is drying dishes in the kitchen and she thanks Helen for letting her feel useful. She adds that it's Sundays when she feels the loneliness the most – she misses the ritual and routine: church in the mornings... hot scones at 11am... roast lamb and mint sauce at 1pm. Helen asks in surprise if people still *have* Sundays like that! Eileen suggests suddenly that they could bring back those traditions – this Sunday! She goes on that they could invite everyone in Ramsay Street; they could even ask Max and the boys! Helen remarks that she thinks *Madge* might think it would be a good idea; at least it would be a chance for her to talk to her. Eileen smiles that she *heard* about the feud! Helen insists that it's just a little difference of opinion!
No. 24
Charlene is tucking into a pancake and she tells her mother that it's fantastic; she's going to win the contest hands down! Danny, however, remarks:
DANNY: Some contest! Did dad say how long he'd be away?
MADGE: Well, he didn't say very much at *all*, except that your mother was upset and wanted him to go and see her. Apparently she's been back from Hong Kong for some weeks.
CHARLENE: Do you reckon they'll get back together?
SHANE (mutters): No way! Dad's got rocks in his head, rushing up there like that.
CHARLENE (surprised): Don't you *like* your mum or something?
SHANE: Course I do – but *she* was the one that ran away with that whatsisname. We all knew it wouldn't last, and the moment that something goes wrong, what does she do? Rings up dad to come and rescue her.
DANNY: It would be good if they *did* get back together.
MADGE: Oh Danny, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, if I were you. Obviously your mother's upset at the moment, but I don't think she'll call off the divorce.
Shane gets up and heads out. Danny comments that he reckons there's a good chance that when his dad gets back from Brisbane, he'll have his mum with him.
Waterhole
Paul is sitting with Jack Lassiter and he shows him a contract and points out where to sign. Jack, however, says he doesn't know. Paul asks him if he's had second thoughts about selling. Jack tells him that it just takes him a little while to digest all this legal jargon; he'd like a couple of days to ponder over it. Paul frowns that he thought he *wanted* to sell. Jack suddenly notices Shane standing by the bar and he tells him to bring his drink over. Shane sits down and he and Paul grudgingly acknowledge each other. Jack tells Shane that he's got a great little businesswoman in Daphne: when she opens up shop there, the sky will be the limit – and when he and Daphne get hitched, she'll keep him on his toes! With that, he asks Paul and Shane to excuse him as he has a bit of reading to do. He gets up and leaves. Shane goes to get up as well – but Paul stops him and tells him that he's sorry about the other day: he shouldn't have mouthed off like that. Shane, however, tells him bitterly:
SHANE: Don't worry about it, mate. Look, you were right about a *lot* of things. I *am* just a bloody no- hoper. Some husband I'd make for Daphne or any *other* woman.
PAUL: Oh, now, come on—
SHANE: No, just leave me alone. I came in to drink.
He gets up, leaving Paul looking worried.

Episode title: 0248
Australian airdate: 07/05/86
UK airdate: 16/10/87
UK Gold: 13/10/93
Writer: Penny Fraser
Guests: N/A
Music:
Summary/Images by: Paul
No.22
Shane explains he feels a failure as Daphne has a career to offer in their marriage and he has nothing. Daphne tells him she loves him and wants to marry him for who he is not what he can offer. Shane is not convinced.
Exterior – Country retreat
While Zoe and Lucy await Jim's return from a business meeting, Zoe asks Lucy why she dislikes her so much. Lucy tells her it is because she wants to split her family up by sleeping with Jim to have another baby. Zoe tries to explain it this isn't the situation when Jim arrives back.
Jim asks Zoe to go to dinner later but Lucy reacts by complaining at not going too – For peace Jim agrees she can come too.
No.22
Daphne tells Clive how Shane feels. Clive feels Shane will realise how stupid he is being but it does give Daphne a chance to reconsider if really is in love with Shane or just on the rebound from Des. Daphne sharply tells Clive Des and her are history and she could never leave Shane when he is so unhappy.
No.24
Shane tells Madge he's not feeling any better even though he's spoken to Daphne. Charlene, Scott, Nikki & Mike arrive – Charlene rudely demands $A20 from Madge to go out with but Madge will only give her $A10. – Charlene comments father Fred would have given her 20. Madge tells her she won't get any more money until her chores are done! Charlene apologises. Madge reminds her and Shane about going to church tomorrow.
Ramsay St
The following morning Madge, Charlene, Daphne, Clive, Shane, Mike, Nikki, Scott and Helen, joined by Eileen, set off to church. Eileen remarks what a shame it is that Max isn't joining them too.
Church
The Clergyman starts of the service by thanking everyone for coming and the news that Mrs. Pitts isn't available to play the organ due to illness. Clive volunteers to play to the surprise of all his friends. Everyone starts singing ‘Amazing Grace' but slowly the only voice to be heard is Eileen's as people stop to listen to her appalling singing voice.
No.24
After church Eileen goes back to the Ramsay house with Clive. Eileen is upset at the clergyman having asked her to lower the volume of her singing – Charlene finds it funny while Madge tries to be sympathetic.
Clive then surprises them by telling Eileen she has a real singing potential and that he'd like to train her voice to perfection.
Exterior – Country Retreat
Jim furious at Lucy's behaviour refuses to go on any further with the weekend and decides to return home. Jim apologises to Zoe and she comments she never thought she'd be in competition with a child.
No.22
Mike, Nikki, Shane and Daphne can't believe Clive's decision to coach Eileen. Shane leaves before Eileen arrives to start her lesson. Daphne refuses to accept Clive's proposal to let Eileen sing at the Coffee Shop when it finishes being refurbished.
Eileen arrives to start her lesson and starts with singing ‘Jerusalem' – However she now appears to be completely tone deaf.
No.24
Fred Mitchell arrives. Shane is less than happy to see his uncle but Madge calms him down, Charlene is overjoyed to see her father. Madge can only make comments about his ‘floozy' Susan. Fred explains to Madge he's arrived on her request by letter – Madge assures a disappointed Charlene that she is not looking for reconciliation but only to sort out the financial situation.
No.26 Driveway
Jim, Zoe and Lucy arrive home to be met by Helen who remarks about them being home early Jim explains he has to go to work to see partner Ross Warner but will tell her all later.  Helen suspecting Lucy has caused problems asks her if she has upset her father – Lucy smugly tells her she had a great time away.
No.24
Madge feels only worse as she has to deal with seeing Fred again and listening to Eileen's voice – Shane and Charlene on her request go over to see if they can silence her at No.22. Fred tells Madge not to order Charlene around at whom Charlene fearing an argument asks her parents to try and be nice with each other.
Shane comments to Fred he is still a ‘creep' – Fred scoffs, calling Shane is less than a success. Madge jumps to Shane's defence telling Fred at least Shane stands by his family.
Madge and Fred then enter an argument with Fred firstly reminding Madge their marriage was over even before Susan came along. Madge reminds Fred there are more dignified ways to end a marriage.
Shane and Charlene leave the house.
Madge tells Fred it is clear he never cared for their son Henry and had no sense of responsibility for the family or their hardware business. Fred retorts she made Henry into a ‘mummy's boy' and it is her fault he is in jail as she always made the decisions in the family, smothering everyone.
MADGE: So is everything my fault?
FRED: Yes.
MADGE: Then the success of the business must be mine too, and I intend to get all my money back – every last cent.
Fred looks worried…
Eileen is pushing Des about taking the opportunity to ‘win' Daphne back - Des is interested to learn of the engagement being called off and Eileen exclaims she knows Des still loves Daphne but is only afraid to tell her the truth.

Episode title: 0249
Australian airdate: 08/05/86
UK airdate: 19/10/87
UK Gold: 14/10/93
Writer: Ginny Lowndes
Music:
No.24
Fred tells Madge he'd best leave. Madge asks him how can he expect any other attitude after how she was treated by him. Charlene, having arrived home, tells them to shut up arguing!
Madge tells her she needs to go to No.26, but Charlene refuses to go until Fred asks her to as well.
Alone again Madge comments he doesn't care about Charlene. Exasperated Fred asks, "What do you want from me?"
Madge coolly tells him she wants money. Fred tells her he has nothing to give now he has Susan and the baby. Madge simply tells him she doesn't care.
No.26
Nikki wonders where Charlene is and Shane tells her she's probably trying to keep her parents quiet. They notice that Eileen's singing has also stopped.
Helen tells them Lucy has been sent to bed early after causing trouble for Jim as she prepares pancakes for Shane and Nikki to eat. Shane remarks that Helen's pancakes taste good and adds "so do Madge's".
No.24
Madge tells Fred she wants her investment in their marriage and business repaid to her and for Susan stop profiting on her hard work. Fred tells her there is no money after spending it on Henry's bail and his debts. Madge wants their Coff's Harbour house sold. Fred refuses claiming he'll have no where to live and does not want Henry to get any more money. Fred asks why she is being so difficult. Madge tells him simply why should he deserve any consideration when he left her with nothing after 20 years?
No.22
Crying, Charlene tells Clive and Daphne she hates Madge for the way she is treating Fred and that on Henry's release from jail she wants to move away with her brother. Clive tries to ask Charlene not to be so hard on Madge especially after meeting Henry himself after a prison visit and not liking his attitude towards their mother.
Charlene, not keen to hear any more, tries to leave but is stopped by Daphne. Charlene breaks down telling Daphne her parents just don't care about her.
No.24
Madge and Fred finish their plan to divide their assets in half. Fred tells her he also wants half the money her diamond ring will bring. Madge is deeply hurt and explains it is her security for her old age. Fred tells her she is still young enough to find a new man. Madge tells him the reality is she has no home, friends or husband any more!
Madge asks if he ever loved her. Fred doesn't respond and instead tells her he'll be staying at Lassiters if she needs to contact him.
No.22
Later Madge tells Daphne that Fred has left her with nothing, she feels Charlene and Henry hate her, she has no man and has top rely on Max giving her $A50 a week to live on.
Daphne asks how she feels for Fred. Madge admits she still loves him.
Lassiters Hotel room
Charlene misses school to visit Fred. He tells her that Madge never cared about her. Confused, Charlene reminds him he never tried to stop her leaving Coff's Harbour.
Fred updates her that her boyfriend Greg is now seeing the Foster girl back home and there is no way he can patch things up with Madge. Charlene gets him to promise he'll try to talk to her again.
No.24
Danny and Shane creep into the house in case Fred is still there but only find a subdued Madge. They tell her how Helen has been feeding them pancakes. Madge feeling challenged decides to make a batch of her own.
No.22
Zoe tells Daphne and Clive that Lucy still won't let her and Jim get closer. Clive advises she give Lucy more time but Zoe doubts she can keep on seeing Jim.
Daphne reminds them about the Pancake competition running tomorrow.
No.24
Danny and Shane are full from eating pancakes and really can't tell Madge if they prefer hers over Helen's. Madge promises she'll be the winner tomorrow at the competition.
No.26
Next day at breakfast Nikki complains that Charlene is making her room a mess. Scott finds it funny but Helen tells her Charlene needs space at the moment not more problems.
Charlene tells Scott no one cares about her. He tells her he does and tries to kiss her. Charlene tells him no but has to push him away when he tries to kiss her anyway.
Lassiters Hotel Room
Madge nervous arrives at Fred's hotel room. Fred invites her in and tells her how Charlene saw him earlier and pleaded with him to ask for reconciliation. Fred then begins to charm Madge reminding her how everyone used to say they were the perfect couple before he kisses her passionately.
Coffee Shop
Clive and Daphne worry, as Madge isn't there for the pancake competition but she finally arrives and her and Helen start the competition.
Charlene tells Nikki she has to go and disappears off.
Lassiters Hotel Room
Fred is on the phone to girlfriend Susan and tells her he's coming back home on the next flight after Madge is being reasonable now. Fred tells her he loves her and will see her soon.
Coffee Shop
Madge tosses her final pancake and Helen prepares to do so too when they are interrupted by Mrs. Mangel and her pancake falls onto the floor. Clive declares Madge is the winner!
But Nell Mangel is determined to tell everyone that the competition is illegal, that the noise levels are at unbearable levels and she won't rest until she closes the Coffee Shop down permanently.

Episode title: 0250
Australian airdate: 09/05/86
UK airdate: 20/10/87
UK Gold: 15/10/93
Writer: Ray Harding
Music:
Coffee Shop
Mr. Archibald from the council arrives and tells Daphne she'll have to abandon the Pancake competition. Daphne objects and Eileen calls Nell an ‘old sticky beak'. Clive tells Daphne she really has no other choice. The council official leaves and Nell triumphantly turns to Daphne. Daphne tells her trying to close the Coffee Shop will only bring everyone out on her side. Nell storms off.
No.26
Eileen tells Helen she hates Nell's busy-bodiness and her husband is hen-pecked too. Helen wonders if she should invite Madge over but Eileen tells her Madge will only be hostile at losing the competition. Helen comments she feels Eileen is being over dramatic.
The Waterhole
Madge meets Fred at the pub and Jack Lassiter introduces himself before taking them to a table. Shane and Clive arrive and seeing Fred, Shane becomes instantly suspicious. Jack asks the guys about the competition and Clive tells him of how it all ended. Jack explains that Nell's nephew is planning to open a rival Coffee shop and will need Daphne's custom. Clive comments he's not looking forward to Daphne finding out.
Coffee Shop
Des arrives to see Daphne who angrily tells him all about Nell. Daphne asks if he can help her on the new move across to her new shop in Lassiters. Des agrees and asks about the furniture she still has at No.28. Seeing an opportunity to be alone with her he asks her to come over to dinner to discuss it further. Daphne warily agrees.
The Waterhole
Fred tells Madge he's always loved her but their kids made him feel unwanted. Madge softens and tells him it is all different now for them.
Fred tells her she's right as he has Susan and the baby to look after and he wants her to keep the diamond ring as long as she doesn't claim for any share of their house and business. Madge is in shock as Fred then bids her farewell. Madge cannot believe that she thought they were about to be reconciled.
Lassiters Hotel Room
Charlene catches up with her father as he packs. She asks if she can come back to Coffs Harbour with him but Fred tells her not until the baby is born and then only maybe.
Charlene is not convinced her father wants her back at all.
The Waterhole
Jack can see Madge is upset and Clive goes over to her. Madge tells him "Fred lied to me, he always lies to me." Madge agrees to let Clive walk her home.
Coffee Shop
Shane tells Daphne the reason behind Nell's actions but becomes angry himself on learning Des has asked her over for dinner. Daphne assures him it is only to discuss their furniture and he has nothing to worry about.
No.22
Clive brings Madge inside and refuses to let her go home to an empty house. Madge tells him she no realises Fred only used her to get out of supporting Charlene. Madge fears how upset Charlene would be to find out her ‘idol' doesn't care about her. Clive promises he'll never tell her.
No.24
Charlene returns home to only find Shane home. She tells her cousin she hoped Fred would want her back but it is clear he doesn't. Shane tells her he's sorry but it might be best for Madge. Shane explains he's home alone as Daphne is at Des's house and he's worried that their relationship isn't as over as he thought.
Restaurant
Des tells Daphne he's enjoying being a father figure to Bradley. Daphne quickly changes the subject and tells Des just to sell her furniture. Des tries to tell her it all seems a waste after what they had together. Daphne changes the subject again.
No.22
Clive tells Mike he'll use Gift of the Gab for him to win over Nikki. Shane arrives and is deeply jealous of Des being with Daphne. Clive explains it's only business but Shane isn't convinced Des sees it like that.
Restaurant
Daphne reminds Des about the Italian restaurant they went to celebrate their engagement. Des ask if she regrets coming out with him tonight and Daphne tells him no despite Shane being angry about it. Des tells her he understands but he has her for one night where as Shane has her for the rest of his life. Daphne says nothing.
No.22
Clive tells Shane not to over react as Des and Daphne come in the house laughing but Shane fired up asks them "How many more intimate dinners will it take to sort out the furniture?" Des tries to calm Shane down but Daphne is furious and tells Shane he's acting like a school kid and can leave. So Shane does.

Episode title: 0251
Australian airdate: 12/05/86
UK airdate: 21/10/87
UK Gold: 18/10/93
Writer: Ray Kolle
Director: Chris Langman
Music:
- "You Got Me Going Again" by Machinations
No.22
Daphne tells both Clive & Mike she refuses to chase after Shane as she is tired of his jealousy and suggests she employ Clive's ‘Gift of the Gab' to sort things out. Clive wisely refuses.
Daphne stands by her decision to see who she wants whenever she wants despite Shane's resentment.
No.24
Madge is not in a good mood at dinner and is critical of Danny's eating habits at the table. Danny questions what is wrong and Madge admits she is disappointed at being let down by Fred again. Danny reminds her that both he and Shane love her very much but Madge can only think of being homeless should Max return home with Maria from Brisbane now they've reconciled.
They are interrupted by a knock on the door and Danny answers, shocked to see Tom Ramsay his uncle standing there. Madge however is immediately suspicious of her brothers arrival and questions what he is doing there. Tom explains he is on a four week holiday and decided to job swap with Max to allow him to stay in Brisbane with Maria longer.
Shane bursts into the house still furious from the nights fall out with Daphne and hardly acknowledges his uncle as he spouts out how Daphne is poorly treating him. Tom incensed by what seems to be Daphne's treatment of Shane decides to pay her a visit and Danny inadvertently gives Tom her address.
As Tom storms out, Madge is less than pleased at Danny.
No.22
On being met by Daphne at the door Tom launches into attacking her and then seeing Des, him too about their treatment of Shane – Only then does Daphne learn Tom is Max's brother and promptly reminds him it is none of his business!
Tom insults Des again by liking him to his interfering mother Eileen and then offers Daphne advice to ‘'Sort your life out!''
After he leaves Daphne is outraged and wants to confront Shane – Des manages to calm her and advises to wait until tomorrow.
No.24
Shane is furious at Tom's interference and is brought to tears. Shane accuses his uncle of being as interfering as his father and to stay out of his life!
No.22
Later, alone with Clive in the lounge, Daphne begins to blame herself for Shane's reaction. Clive thinks Daphne should start to question her feelings for Shane – Is it love or is she still on the rebound from Des – or even just physically attracted to him.
Daphne decides to go to bed as Mike returns from the Kitchen having left them alone. Mike wonders if she and Shane will get back together.
Clive regretfully replies ‘'probably''.
No.24
At breakfast Daphne arrives to see Shane – Madge pulls Tom outside to allow some privacy.
Shane apologises to Daphne for Tom's behaviour last night and surprises her when he suggests they take a break from the engagement. Daphne agrees and give Shane back her engagement ring.
No.22
Clive is taking Eileen through her singing lesson when Tom interrupts telling them to ‘'Shut Up!''.
Eileen retorts he is even ruder than Max ever was. Incensed, Tom retorts Des is as bad as she is after ‘stealing' Daphne away from Shane.and storms out of the house – Eileen looks to Clive for some sort of explanation.
Coffee Shop
Daphne tells Mike her engagement is off but Mike is more worried about Nell Mangel handing out some leaflets outside the shop. Daphne decides to confront her.
Outside Nell is handing out the leaflets when Daphne demands to know what she is up to! Nell innocently tells her she is only informing her customers of a better Coffee Shop experience elsewhere.
Daphne orders Nell to move away and Nell leaves reluctantly.
No.22
Madge is explaining to Clive he realises she needs to go back to work to support Charlene and pay for all the legal fees surrounding her separation from Fred, but she only has skills in typing and book keeping. Clive is thoughtful and explains he has a friend who may be able to help….
Coffee Shop
Eileen is in the shop pestering Daphne about how good it would be for her to now be with an older man like Des now she has split from Shane – Daphne keeps Mike working with her as an ally but then clearly states to Eileen she and Des will never get back together. Eileen vows she'll return to talk to her again on this.
No.22
Later, that evening Clive is on the phone praising Madge's secretarial abilities to ensure she gets a job interview while Daphne listens to him.
When he finishes the phone call, Daphne remarks she hopes Madge can live up to the image he's created of her at the interview.
No.28
Eileen is pushing Des about taking the opportunity to ‘win' Daphne back - Des is interested to learn of the engagement being called off and Eileen exclaims she knows Des still loves Daphne but is only afraid to tell her the truth.

Episode title: 0252
Australian airdate: 13/05/86
UK airdate: 22/10/87
UK Gold: 19/10/93
Writer: Roger Moulton
Music:
No.24
Madge is busy cooking the meat pies for Daphne's Coffee Shop before getting ready to go to her job interview.
Tom tells Danny and Shane they'll have to get their own breakfast this morning.
Shane is sceptical about whether Madge is really up to date with all the technology changes that have happened since the last time she worked. Madge replies "How different can it be?!"
No.22
Clive explains he won't be able to help her move into the new Lassiters premises as he has clients to see for ‘Gift of the Gab'. Mike then comments he hoped they would both watch him swim at the Swimming Carnival but is clearly disappointed when they explain they are too busy to attend.
Beverly Black's Office
Clive's friend Beverly Black shows Madge around the office and leads her to an empty desk and computer. Madge nervously explains she has never used a computer before but Beverly assures her she'll learn quickly. Madge presses a button on the keyboard and panics when the computer starts bleep.
Pacific Bank
Eileen arrives to see whether Des has made any moves to see Daphne yet. Des explains there is no point as he and Daphne will only ever be friends. Over hearing the conversation, Danny asks what is going on. Eileen tells him to mind his own business – Des tells his mother the same thing and escorts her to the door.
Coffee Shop - Exterior
Zoe is collecting her lunch when Paul clearly in a bad mood, arrives demanding she go back to the office. Zoe questions Paul why he is in such a bad mood and learns Jack Lassiter has not decided not to sell the complex the Daniels Corp.
Zoe discloses she knows that Andrea revealed to Jack about Paul's development plans for Lassiters. Paul becomes even angrier that Andrea double-crossed him.
Coffee Shop – Interior
Inside the Coffee Shop Tom is handing over Madge's pies and also apologises to Daphne for him over reacting the other night. Nell arrives and at seeing Tom groans before over reacting when learning Tom has brought the pies to the shop in his plumbers van. Nell leaves vowing to return with the Health Inspector. Clive enters the shop and Daphne tells him she needs to hire ‘Gift of the Gab.'
Beverly Black's Office
Madge clearly cannot cope with using an electronic typewriter – sensing her frustration, Beverly moves her on to another part of the office.
Pacific Bank
Zoe is pleading with Des to increase her overdraft on her account to which he reluctantly agrees to do after being persuaded by Danny too.
Des is less than convinced when Zoe promises this will be her last time.
Lassiters Gardens
Shane and Clive are working but Clive informs an annoyed Shane he has to leave their gardening job early due to an appointment for ‘Gift of the Gab.' Clive reminds Shane he has Home James too.
Jack arrives asking after Madge and assures Shane she'll be okay at her job interview.
Beverly Black's Office
Madge's day only gets worse when she cannot print from the computer but despite Beverly's kindness Madge tells she is clearly ‘obsolete'.
Coffee Shop
Mike is trying to tell Daphne about the Swimming Carnival but she is too busy cleaning the shop in preparation of the health Inspector visiting.
Clive arrives and teases Daphne about putting a bit of romance back into her life – Daphne tells him she can only dream.
The Waterhole
Seeing Andrea with Jack, Paul takes the opportunity to ‘congratulate' them on fooling him over the business deal – Jack tells him he'll get no sympathy, as Paul only wanted to trick him.
Paul questions if they can still close the deal and Jack suggests maybe when Paul proves he can be trusted.
Coffee Shop
Eileen is still pushing Des to ‘romance' Daphne when he finally gets his mother to leave him alone.
Nell is less than pleased when the health Inspector declares Daphne has high hygiene standards and threatens to take more action.
Suddenly Clive arrives and announces he has a message from ‘Gift of the Gab' for her from Daphne.
Fire burn and cauldron bubble
Mrs. Mangel causes trouble
Which you know the more she tangle
No more Mrs. Mangel
When everyone starts laughing Nell feels ridiculed and leaves vowing never to return. There are cheers from Daphne.
No.24
Shane arrives home, tired from having to have completed the gardening job on his own. He sees Madge seated at the table clearly upset. Madge tells him she failed at the job interview and believes she really is completely useless.

Episode title: 0253
Australian airdate: 14/05/86
UK airdate: 23/10/87
UK Gold: 20/10/93
Writer: Rick Maier
Music:
No.24
Shane tells Madge she has nothing to feel ashamed of about crying considering what she has had to deal with recently.
They both agree may be they need to look into an adult education programme.
Tom arrives gloating about Nell's expulsion from the Coffee Shop and how he has apologised to Daphne.
Madge explains about her wish to get re-educated but Tom can only laugh at his sister's suggestion – Shane reminds Tom, unlike him, some people want to improve in life
No.22
Daphne and Mike listen to Clive fantasising about how big ‘Gift of the Gab' could one day be when Scott, Charlene and Nikki arrive excited by Mike's win at the Swimming Carnival. Diving from the 3m and low board diving competition.
Daphne is astounded that Mike never told her and Clive but Nikki pulls her to one side in the kitchen and explains Mike was upset neither her or Clive were at the competition to watch.
No.24
Tom tries to smooth things over with Shane but he is still angry at Tom's previous comments about adult education and vows he'll show everyone he can do better for himself.
No.26
Jim and Zoe are discussing going out to dinner in the evening as Scott, Charlene & Nikki inform Helen they are too going out to celebrate Mike's victory. Zoe suggests she and Jim join them but he wants to be alone.
Restaurant
At dinner Jim explains he wanted to tell Zoe that despite Lucy's issues about their relationship he wants them to still see each other and agrees they should take things slowly.
No.22
Clive is cooking breakfast when Daphne arrives downstairs and informs him that Mike never came home last night. Nikki arrives and tells them Mike and Charlene argued at the nightclub last night, and stormed off. Daphne worried, wonders if she should call the police as Mike appears. He tells them he spent the night at a friends place; no drama but Daphne and Nikki have any intention of leaving the issue there.
No.24
Madge is upset, as she has to sell some of her furniture to raise some money. The buyer is less than sympathetic and upsets her further when he jokes ‘' Until next time.''
Erinsborough High
Charlene teases Mike about their argument last night at the nightclub and he walks away from Charlene and Scott. Nikki seeing Charlene has upset Mike again, tells Charlene she wishes she'd go back to Coffs Harbour.
Coffee Shop
Daphne tells Clive they weren't there for Mike but Clive will not allow her to feel guilty when Mike was in he wrong to be out all night.
The conversation moves onto Shane and whether Daphne wants him back – Daphne replies she doesn't want anyone.
No.26
Tom is talking to Helen and expressing his views about how he feels Shane has ‘strange' ideas and Madge should by now be a housewife. Helen is ready to tell Tom a few home truths when the phone rings.
Lassiters
Helen arrives to tell Shane she has just received a booking for Home James to chauffeur a client Mr. Fleming. Clive complains he'll be left to work alone gardening. Jack compliments Helen about her business venture while Shane revels in being able to pay Clive back for walking away from the gardening job previously.
No.26
Zoe gives Jim the opportunity to walk away from their relationship but he tells her he realises it's a mess but they'll sort it out in time.
Airport
Shane meets his client but it is his daughter Debra Fleming. She immediately starts to flirt with Shane and gets into the front of the limousine and dares Shane to drive fast!
No.24
Madge is irritated by Charlene's spat with Nikki and tells her to stop fighting with her friends. Charlene awkwardly reveals to Madge, Henry owes another $A2000 in gambling debts to an inmate in prison. When Madge refuses to bail Henry out of trouble again, Charlene accuses her of not caring. Madge decides not to reveal about their real financial situation.
Lassiters
Clive is telling Jack and Daphne all about ‘Gift of the Gab' when the Home James limousine pulls up. They watch as Shane gets out and Debra puts her arm around him as they walk the hotel reception. Jack comments Debra is an old client and known for being over-friendly with everyone. Daphne replies "So it seems."

Episode title: 0254
Australian airdate: 15/05/86
UK airdate: 26/10/87
UK Gold: 21/10/93
Writer: Sally Webb
Music:
The Waterhole
Daphne tells Paul and Clive she is furious at Shane being so public with Debra. Paul reminds her she is has no claim to Shane – Clive tries to be more diplomatic and tells her it was probably all innocent.
Lassiters Hotel Room
In her hotel room, Debra tells Shane she'll need to be driven back to stay overnight at the hotel after her meeting in Wadonga. Debra comments she likes to mix business with pleasure.
Coffee Shop
Daphne still angry with Shane rebuffs Mike's request for her to ask Shane about coaching him swimming.
Daphne explains to Zoe all she wants is to know where she stands with Shane – Zoe tells her she feels the same about Jim.
The Waterhole
Paul tells Clive he's sure Daphne is going to be fine over seeing Shane with another woman.
Jack questions if Clive likes Daphne too as he seems so concerned – Clive dismisses it.
Madge comes into the pub and Jack asks her out to dinner. Madge agrees and excited leaves with Clive to get ready for her date.
Lassiters Hotel Room
Shane waits for Debra in her room while she takes a shower. Debra comes out of the bathroom dressed in a towel and Shane looks uncomfortable. Debra senses his reaction but leads him to the bed telling him he's about to get his first perk of the job.
No.26
Angry at Charlene, Nikki tells Lucy she's piled all Charlene's possessions on her bed and put tape across the floor to split their bedroom into two. Charlene comes out of the bedroom furious and starts an argument with Nikki. Jim steps in and calls for silence as Lucy explains what is going on.
Charlene decides to go over to see Madge but not before telling Nikki she wished she'd never moved in the house.
No.24
Charlene tells Madge she cannot live any longer with 'snob' Nikki but Madge is preoccupied looking at the leaflets for business courses. Charlene notices and comments instead of ‘wasting' her money she should be giving it to Henry to sort out his gambling debts. Madge explains she has spent more than enough on Henry already – Charlene storms out to go back to No.26.
No.26
Nikki is trying to persuade Helen that Charlene should move out. Overhearing her, Charlene explains she's not moving out as she'd rather live with Nikki than her mother. Charlene leaves the room and Helen pleads with Nikki to try and get on with her.
Jim enters the room to tell her he's invited Zoe to dinner tonight. Lucy is not pleased.
Lassiters Hotel Room
Shane and Debra dress quickly after causing themselves to be late for Debra's meeting in Wodonga.
No.22
Mike opens his mail to find his first benefit cheque has arrived. Daphne apologises to him for not spending much time with him recently. Clive cannot get hold of Shane to ask him about coaching Mike swimming but Nikki interrupts to complain about living with Charlene. Nikki asks Clive if she can rent ‘Gift of the Gab' to get revenge.
No.22
Later Daphne is disagreeing with Clive about allowing Nikki to hire him when Madge arrives dressed for her dinner with Jack, seeking approval of her dress. Madge leaves for her date and Nikki tells Clive to go over to see Charlene to deliver her message.
No.26
Helen is also dressed for dinner out. While Jim takes Basil for a walk, Helen warns Lucy to behave herself when Zoe arrives for dinner. Helen leaves as Clive arrives to deliver Nikki's message. But instead of delivering the original message he pretends Nikki is apologising to Charlene. Charlene tells him she'll keep the bedroom tidy now Nikki's apologised.
Lassiters Restaurant
Madge arrives to be met by jack at their table. As they sit he tells her there will be a third person joining them – Madge is shocked when Helen arrives. Jack goes into the Kitchens and Madge asks Helen how she knows Jack. Helen explains she has known him for years and used to play cards with him and his deceased wife Adeline. Madge realises this was never planned to be a romantic meal.
No.26
After their dinner and with Lucy in bed, Jim and Zoe snuggle up together. Lucy comes out making an excuse she wants a glass of water. Nikki and Charlene return home now laughing and go straight to bed. When Lucy returns she pretends to trip and pours the glass of water over Zoe. Jim furiously smacks Lucy across the legs – Crying Lucy tells him since being with Zoe he has hit her and Paul, something he has never done before!

Episode title: 0255
Australian airdate: 16/05/86
UK airdate: 27/10/87
UK Gold: 22/10/93
Writer: Adrian Van Den Bok
Music:
Lassiter's restaurant
During dinner Jack recalls to Madge and Helen memories of his wife Adeline. When he goes to check the kitchen, Helen apologises to Madge for ruining what she thought was a romantic meal. Madge asks Helen to stay despite her disappointment.
No.26
Jim tells Zoe Lucy is old enough to stop playing these games. Zoe admits to Jim she can see she is an intruder in Lucy's eyes. Jim kisses Zoe telling her Lucy will just have to accept them. Scott arrives home but seeing his father involved goes straight to his room. Interrupted Zoe decides to go home.
No.24
Madge and Helen arrive back from dinner. Tom is amused by the evenings events and teases Madge about romance. Helen is furious with Tom and tells Madge he clearly has no regard for her feelings.
No.26
Helen returns from talking to Lucy about her bad behaviour. Jim tells her Lucy clearly acted on purpose but Helen reminds him he's never hit any of his children before. Jim vows he won't let Lucy ruin things with Zoe, the way Julie ruined his relationship with Anna Rossi. Helen warns him he may end up having to choose between the family and Zoe. Jim tells her the family are in for a shock!
No.28
Zoe explains to Andrea that she feels Lucy will never give her a chance. Andrea suggests she talk it through with her. A sleepy Des comes out of his bedroom as Zoe goes to bed asking what the ‘excitement' is. Andrea just kisses him on the cheek.
No.26
At breakfast Helen tells Jim there will be a period of adjustment for the family as they get used to Zoe. Scott joins them confessing he can't understand hoe Nikki and Charlene are suddenly friends. Lucy also joins the table but refuses to eat breakfast. Helen tells her she owes Jim an apology, but Lucy remains silent.
No.24
Danny reveals to Madge and Tom how he is amazed Shane is seeing Debra Fleming so close after splitting from Daphne. He then realises neither of them are talking to each other as Madge leaves silently to go shopping. Tom explains to him he feels bad for hurting Madge over Jack and is going to focus on trying to bring them together romantically.
No.28
Des is on the phone to Eileen telling her he has no intention of raises the question of marriage with Daphne before making his excuses to end the call. Overhearing him, Andrea tells him he follow his heart with Daphne. As Zoe and Bradley leave, Des tells her there is little chance of that.
Ramsay St
Lucy meets Bradley but refuses to speak to Zoe who walks on ahead. Bradley tells her that Zoe is considering breaking off her relationship with Jim if she keeps playing up. Lucy and Bradley agree to carry on to break Jim and Zoe up.
No.24
Madge and Helen have coffee over madge explaining she wants to do a business course. A delivery boy arrives with flowers and a romantic poem for Madge.
Coffee Shop
Zoe tells Daphne about Eileen pestering Des over them marrying but Daphne is clearly not impressed. Zoe asks her to seriously think about what she and Des really want from each other.
No.24
Madge calls the florist to find out the identity of her admirer but they refuse to tell her. Madge tells Tom she supposes they are from Jack. Tom smiles to himself.
Coffee Shop
Zoe comes into the shop and tells Daphne she has been receiving crank phone calls where no one speaks at the other end. Daphne tries to reassure her it is only a bad connection.
Pacific Bank
Des checks Jim's bank account as Jim explains to him that he feels Lucy will just have to accept his relationship with Zoe. He won't lose out on a second chance of happiness.
Des suddenly stops coming to a realisation. He gets Danny to take over with Jim before telling them he's taking a second chance and leaves the bank.

Episode title: 0256
Australian airdate: 19/5/86
UK airdate: 28/10/87
UK Gold: 25/10/93
Writer: Greg Stevens
Director: Richard Sarell
Music:
Coffee Shop
Des tells Daphne he wants to marry her and Daphne jokes that it will include Andrea and Bradley! Des tells her he intends for them to all live together. Daphne is furious and tells him she is marrying for love not for a lower housekeeping bill! Clive is watching all this and pulls Des to one side telling him he can employ Gift of the Gab to win Daphne back.
Lassiters
Shane arrives back with Debra and her father Lewis Fleming. Returning to work Clive meets Helen and they see Shane kiss Debra. Helen questions who she is and is furious to learn she is a Home James customer.
The Waterhole
Following Shane into the pub, Helen tells Shane he is being unethical with Debra. Shane reminds her it is no concern of hers but Helen retorts it is if Lewis finds out and pulls his business away from Home James. Shane agrees it isn't a good idea to carry on but he's sure Debra will not let it end. Helen tells him she has an idea.
Coffee Shop
Jim and Helen are having lunch. Zoe is questioning whether they are worth sacrificing his family for. Jim tells her he loves her and he won't give her up. Zoe tells him she loves him too.
No.26
Scott tells Bradley and Lucy to quieten down with the tape recorder as Helen returns home. She informs them that Jim is out for dinner with Zoe and she is out too. Lucy remarks Jim doesn't care about the family any more. Helen tells her she is being stupid and she'll have to accept Zoe as Jim's friend.
No.22
Daphne refuses Des's invite to dinner when he phones her and tells Clive he'll never go out with Des again! Clive questions what she wants in a man. Daphne tells him "someone who is kind, gentle and considerate". Clive tells her Des is all of these. Daphne retorts Des could never be romantic!
No.28
Zoe gets prepared for her diner with Jim. Des questions her on what a woman wants from a man. Zoe tells him romance. Des suggests he could take Daphne to a footie match to propose...Zoe laughs telling him he needs to hire a matchmaker to sort things out.
No.26
Helen gets Scott to agree to baby sit Lucy as she and Jim are out. Jim asks Bradley to go home. As he leaves Lucy reminds him promised to her. Jim questions what Lucy meant but she tells him it was to do with school. Jim asks her why she hates Zoe so much. Lucy tells him because she is taking him away from her. Jim tells her she'll regret the way she behaved one day.
No.28
Des and Bradley leave to get a take-away meal as Zoe receives a phone call, again where no one speaks to her. Zoe tells Des if it continues she'll call in the police.
Coffee Shop
Zoe tells Daphne her old boyfriend Grant Lewis must be making the phone calls in revenge but at least she has Jim to protect her.
Lassiters
Lewis Fleming tells Helen he has little faith in women drivers. Helen threatens she'll take him to a works tribunal if it means she'll drive him around. Lewis apologises asking her to stop off to pick up Debra for his dinner date.
No.26
Jim leaves for his dinner date with Zoe. Lucy refuses to give him a kiss goodnight before he leaves.
Fleming offices
Debra awaits the arrival of her father but is disappointed to see Shane is not the chauffeur but Helen. Debra suspects Helen has arranged this change.
No.28
Clive tells Des it is the best decision he could make to hire ‘Gift of the Gab' to woo Daphne back. Des agrees to hire Clive's services and they toast to ‘Des and Daphne'.
Des warns him it had better work.
Clive asks, "Have I ever let you down?!"
Des chokes on his beer.

Episode title: 0257
Australian airdate: 20/05/86
UK airdate: 29/10/87
UK Gold: 26/10/93
Writer: Jill James
Music:
No.28
Clive tells Des that Daphne wants a man who will dominate her and if he takes charge of the Coffee Shop move to the Lassiters complex, she can only be impressed.
No.24
Daphne asks Shane to coach Mike in diving but he tells her he's not good enough to take on the responsibility. Daphne assures him he is no failure because of the car accident and Mike needs his professional help. Shane agrees to help and Daphne leaves as Debra arrives.
Debra demands to know why Shane is no longer her chauffeur and Shane lies telling her he's been busy. Debra tells him she doesn't believe him.
No.26
Helen returns from driving, furious at Lewis Fleming's chauvinistic views, vowing never to drive him again. The phone rings and it is Lewis apologising to Helen for his behaviour. After the call a stunned Helen tells Scott, Lewis has asked her to drive again for him tomorrow.
Ramsay St
Mike, Tom, Zoe, Scott, Clive and Daphne are amused as Des decides to take charge as they prepare to move the Coffee shop. Madge comes out with a cake she has made for Jack - Tom takes it from her, promising to deliver it to Jack himself.
Coffee Shop
At Daphne's new premises, Clive tells Des his ‘bossyness' is the key to his success to win over Daphne. Des gets the opportunity to kiss Daphne until Clive walks in and interrupts the moment.
Lassiters
Helen arrives to pick Lewis up. Madge introduces Tom to Jack and both men go off to Jack's caravan while Madge goes off to help Daphne settle into her new shop.
Home James car
Helen listens to Debra and Lewis talking business as she drives them to a meeting. They discuss with each other how the client they are going to see has to be made to sweat it out on the land deal.
Coffee Shop
Des is opinionated about the location of the jukebox to Daphne's annoyance. Madge and Jim arrive to offer their help. Shane volunteers to put the notice board up but Des takes over and offers to unload the van too. Shane is less than pleased at being left out of everything.
Exterior - Land for sale
As Helen pulls up to the Fleming's destination, she listens to Debra as she plots to make the client nervous to get the land sold to them at a cheaper price. Helen is shocked to then realise that Paul is their client but signals for him not to recognise her. Paul introduces himself to the Fleming's, immediately getting onto business.
Lassiters Caravan
Jack tells Tom as they eat Madge's cake, that he loves living in the caravan away from people but is still lonely since wife Adeline died. Tom explains that Madge is lonely too since Fred deserted her and desperate to find someone to love. Jack doesn't seem to pick up on Tom's hints but agrees Madge needs a man. Tom believes his plan is underway.
Coffee Shop
Shane brings in some boxes but Des interrupts telling him he's carrying them all wrong. Daphne tells Des to shut up! Scott pleads with Des to let him do something else but wash up but Des refuses. Tom arrives but is unhappy when Des immediately comments he is late. Daphne angrily tells Des to stop ordering people around and if he doesn't she'll call a strike!
Exterior - Land for sale
As Debra and Lewis talk business away from Paul, Helen tells him quietly it is best they do not divulge their relationship. Lewis and Debra return to tell Paul he is asking too much for the sale of the land. Paul simply tells them he'll find another buyer.
Furious, Debra accuses Helen of discussing with Paul what was said in the car. Paul immediately defends Helen only to reveal he's her grandson. Lewis tells them he's sure they deliberately contrived the set up and he's prepared to sue them both!

Episode title: 0258
Australian airdate: 21/05/86
UK airdate: 30/10/87
UK Gold: 27/10/93
Writer: David Phillips
Music:
Exterior - Land for sale
Helen explains to Debra and Lewis they are reacting crazily! Debra accuses her of replacing Shane to carry out the little espionage. Helen explains she knew nothing until seeing Paul and he knows of nothing said in the car.
Lassiters
Tom, Mike, Scott, Shane and Madge head off home having finished moving Daphne into her new shop premises. Madge goes off to see Jack before going home, while Tom decides to take over from Shane as Mike's diving coach. Shane can't believe how inconsiderate his uncle is being, while Scott tells Mike he'll regret having Tom as a coach if Max's reputation is anything to go by.
Exterior - land for sale
Debra spitefully tells Paul and Helen she refuses to talk to them any further as no business will be done with the Daniels Corporation and Helen is fired as a chauffeur.
Coffee Shop
Daphne tells Des she doesn't want his ‘ white knight' act anymore as she is independent and only wants to be friends. Clive returns oblivious to Des's sudden downcast mood.
The Waterhole
Jack tells Madge her cooking is fantastic and is delighted when he accepts to join her for a Sunday roast one day. Madge leaves the pub as Andrea arrives to ask about the job as barmaid there. Impressed by Andrea's forthright attitude tells her she can start straight away!
Exterior - Swimming Pool
Tom complains to Mike about his diving while Shane has nothing but praise for him.
Coffee Shop
Clive tells Des to be more aggressive with Daphne but Des warns him to ‘butt out!'. Daphne asks them to get back to work as she still has plenty to do.
No.24
Madge arrives home to find no message from Max still on what he's up to. But Shane is still feeling rejected over Tom taking over Mike's coaching. He explains to his aunt he feels as incompetent now as before when with Max. Madge tells him Mike only thinks of him as an idol.
The Waterhole
Jack is impressed with Andrea as she explains how she struggled to bring up Bradley. She tells him she feels foolish now for ever falling in love with Gavin McKinley.
No.26
Paul tells Helen her business will survive without the Flemings' money. Paul leaves as Madge arrives. Lewis Fleming then arrives and Helen agrees to see him.
Lewis apologises to her, explaining he spoke to Jack who verified Helen's honesty. Lewis asks Helen out to dinner.
Exterior - Swimming Pool
Tom tells Scott, Mike is a good diver but Tom refuses to praise Mike to his face, only urging Mike to do better.
The Waterhole
Andrea serves Paul and Debra drink. Paul tells her she can only be after the land as a reason to buy him a drink. Andrea charms Paul and asks him out to dinner.
Coffee Shop
Daphne, Clive, and Des decide to finish working for the day and Des urged on by Clive asks Daphne out to dinner. Daphne agrees telling him they and Clive deserve a good meal.
Lassiters
In her hotel room, Debra pours a drink out for her and Paul to toast the completion of the land deal. Shane arrives to see her and gets upset accusing Paul of seeing ‘his girl'. Debra fearing the deal could fall through, orders Shane out telling him he doesn't own her! Shane storms out and Debra turns her charms back onto Paul.
The Waterhole
Shane asks Jack for a beer. Seeing him looking upset Jack asks whom he is drinking so quickly to.
Shane tells him it is a toast to himself, the biggest no-hoper in the world.

Episode title: 0259
Australian airdate: 22/05/86
UK airdate: 02/11/87
UK Gold: 28/10/93
Writer: C.V. Schofield
Music:
The Waterhole
Shane asks for another drink and Jack warns him if he gets drunk he'll only get thrown out of the pub. Paul comes in and tells Shane he can't take Debra's rejection seriously and they are still best friends. Shane tells him he feels he has no love and life left.
No.22
Des, Daphne and Clive return home from dinner to find Mike alone. He tells them how Tom took over from Shane as a diving coach, while Des sits very close to Daphne on the sofa.
No.26
Jim tells Nikki and Lucy he's taking Zoe out to dinner but Nikki explains she can't baby sit Lucy as she is going out with Mike. Scott is less than pleased to left with Lucy again once Jim leaves and suggests to Lucy they go over to see Bradley. Lucy comments that he only wants to see Charlene who is baby sitting Bradley.
The Waterhole
Shane and Paul drunk laugh about the old days the spent together as children and how they smashed Mrs. Mangel's window when they were 14 yrs old. Jack tells them he is no longer serving them with drinks.
No.28
Charlene baby-sits Bradley, as Zoe gets ready to leave for her dinner date with Jim. Bradley gives Zoe a letter but when she opens it, it is a poison pen letter made from newspaper cuttings reading “I'M GOING TO GET YOU IF YOU STAY IN ERINSBOROUGH”. Charlene, appalled, asks who could do such a thing.
No.28
Later, having shown Jim the letter, Bradley explains how he found it in the letterbox. Jim tells Zoe he wants them to have dinner at No.26 for safety. Scott is just happy to be left with Charlene.
No.22
Nikki arrives to be told by Daphne that Mike is asleep after his gruelling day in the pool. Nikki thanks Clive for helping her to be friends with Charlene again before leaving. Clive decides to go to bed to leave Des alone with Daphne, but them she decides to go to bed as well.
No.26
After finishing dinner Jim and Zoe sit together. Zoe tells him she is worried that ex-boyfriend Grant is out for revenge. Jim assures her he'll protect her.
No.28
Scott tells Charlene he really likes her but becomes angry as he realises Lucy and Bradley are recording his voice on a cassette recorder. Scott begins to chase them around the room until Des enters his house demanding to know what is going on!
The Waterhole
Jack tells Andrea she deserves better in life than she has but Andrea explains she has a home with Des, but if he ever marries Daphne she and Bradley will have to move out of Ramsay St. Jack tells her he only admires her for her love for Bradley and her determination to bring him up well.
No.26
At breakfast Scott, Nikki, Charlene and Lucy eat. Nikki tells Lucy she has to be fair to Zoe and accept Jim that Jim likes her. Scott forcefully tells Lucy she has to like Zoe or he'll be tough on her.
Jim arrives in the kitchen and is greeted by Lucy telling him she's sorry for the trouble she has caused.
No.22
Mike is feeling the pain after the training session with Tom and Daphne offers to talk to Tom about calming down. Mike puts her off. A delivery boy arrives with a bunch of roses and poem for Daphne. Clive tells her they must have been from Des and she leaves to see Des to thank him. Clive then dashes to ring No.28 to warn Des of what he's done but the line is engaged. Clive tries to reassure himself Des will see the ploy straight away and play the game.
No.28
Daphne thanks Des for the flowers and poem. Des, puzzled, asks to see the poem Clive set up and smiles realising whom it came from. Daphne reads this as Des mocking her and storms out. Andrea is amused and tells Des ‘‘you tried your best.''
No.22
Clive tells Mike that Des is probably proposing to Daphne right now thanks to his plan. Daphne storms into the house revealing how des just laughed at her and he'll never make a fool of her again!
Lassiters Lake
Jim and Zoe are walking along by the lake holding hands. Jim tells her Lucy has begun to accept her. Zoe wonders if she really means it.
Jim promises Lucy does and then asks Zoe to take the next step with him to marry.
Zoe is shocked.

Episode title: 0260
Australian airdate: 23/5/86
UK airdate: 03/11/87
UK Gold: 29/10/93
Guests: None
Music:
Lassiters Lake
Zoe tells Jim if she accepts his marriage proposal then it will be hard on his children accepting it. Jim promises her that all his family now want her to be part of his life. Doubtful, Zoe asks Jim to give her time to decide.
No.24 garden
Shane tries to get the lawnmower to work when Tom joins him in the garden. Tom asks Shane why he stormed away from the swimming pool training and then got really drunk yesterday. Shane explains he was angry at being cut out of Mike's training – Tom jumps on the defensive telling his nephew that he only stepped in as Shane didn't want to really train Mike. Shane storms off when Tom tells him he's only got himself to blame for being s ‘drop-out'.
No.26 Lounge
Jim gathers Scott, Lucy, Helen, Charlene and Nikki to tell them he's asked Zoe to marry him. Helen is the first to congratulate, followed by Nikki and Charlene who ask if they can be bridesmaids. Scott is hesitant but realises it'll make Jim happy. Lucy however screams she hates Zoe and only pretended to like her after Scott's threats. Lucy runs from the room telling Jim she never wants him to marry Zoe.
Daphne's Coffee Shop
Daphne can't believe Jim has proposed but is happy to learn how Lucy has ‘accepted' it from Zoe. Daphne urges Zoe to think carefully before accepting Jim's proposal and taking on a ready made family.
No.26 lounge
Jim tries to talk to Lucy but she only wants to talk to Helen. After Jim leaves, Lucy tells Helen that Jim doesn't love his family anymore and he's replacing them for Zoe. Helen tries to explain to her that Jim gets lonely – like Bradley without his father does. She also warns Lucy it could be her that Jim rejects if she continues to cause problems.
Daphne's Coffee Shop
Daphne tells Des she just wants them to remain friends only. Clive arrives and Daphne chats about Jim's proposal. After she goes into the kitchen, Des pulls Clive to one side to explain the flowers he sent on his behalf didn't work. Clive becomes annoyed when Des urges him to stop interfering to let Daphne fall back in love with him for just who he really is.
Outside swimming pool
Tom is training Mike who is swimming while Scott watches. Nikki and Charlene arrive in their swimming costumes and sit watching Mike. After Scott goes to join Mike in the pool, Nikki starts asking Charlene about how far her cousin has tried to push the physical side of the relationship. Charlene explains they've kissed but Scott wants to take it further. Nikki explains she just tells Mike ‘no' if she feels uncomfortable but Charlene jokes Scott is a little harder to discourage. Nikki warns her that if he won't stop pressurising her for sex then he doesn't respect her.
Charlene explains how she had sex with her boyfriend Greg back in Coffs Harbour because she loved him, but he dumped her afterwards and she regretted it ever since. Nikki is shocked.
Daphne's Coffee Shop
Clive suggests he use Jim's proposal speech to give to Des but Jim declines the offer. Clive congratulates him and informs him Zoe is ready to accept his proposal. Jim rushes off to find her and Daphne is furious Clive has given him this impression.
Outside Swimming Pool
Tom refuses to allow Mike any rest from training and warns Scott if he continues to distract Mike he'll have to leave the pool.
No.28
Madge tells Zoe she needs to consider Jim's proposal very carefully. Zoe receives another threatening phone call and Madge suggests she teach the guy a lesson and blow a whistle down the phone. Jim arrives and only upsets Zoe with Clive's misunderstanding. Madge discreetly leaves and Zoe again expresses she needs time to think. Jim can only again tell her she now has nothing to worry about before accepting. Zoe clearly isn't so sure.
No.22 Lounge
Mike, Scott and Nikki arrive home from the pool. Daphne is not happy to learn how hard Tom is pushing Mike's training and explains he can walk away from it.
No.24 driveway
Shane is polishing his car while Danny suns himself on the bonnet. Tom watches from the balcony and shouts down to the boys how Mike has shown real promise and could even go to the Olympics. Shane reminds Tom that Mike may even not want to go that far. Shane remarks to Danny that he thought Max was a bad.
No.28
Zoe laughs at Des's attempts to write a love poem to Daphne. He steers the conversation back to Jim's proposal but Zoe tells him she still hasn't made a decision yet. Des leaves and Zoe finds a parcel delivered to her only to find a dead rat in the box and a note saying ‘you'll be next' – she screams and drops the box to the floor. The phone then rings. Zoe answers it and hears the man threatening her again. Picking up the whistle she blows really hard…
No.26 kitchen
The loudness of the whistle screeches in Lucy's ear and she falls to the floor screaming. Jim and Helen rush into the room to find her laying on the floor clutching her ear in agony.